• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Capri Bells

Bombing IP

There are many designs of Capri Bells some brass some coin silver some sterling and some steel .
The one the Chinese company copied is this one below .I think they did a good job .
Once you have the patina on the bell you like use paste wax and buff it will make it look nicer
but will not disturb the patina it will also hold it at that point .

154368578_-clover-shamrock-san-michele-capri-bell-in-bronze-3-.jpg

BIP

Edward

my 3 are c800 coin silver. they have a nice aged patina and I coated and buffed them with Renaissance Wax used in antique restoration and museum conservation. I put that shit on everything. LOL!

Bombing IP

Renaissance Wax thats good wax ! comes out of England and as you say it is used in Museums .I use Johnsons paste wax in the Yellow can .You can pick it up from HOME DEPOT .

BIP

taikonaut

I saw a few on ebay that was sold for over £100 the other day that look like originals with the tarnish but could well be replicas. I happen to come across a website that sells identical replica bells all new and shiney and they compare exactly with the old looking ones on ebay.