• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REPRO B-10 SIZE 48?

bellumbill

Hello guys! Hope you are all well!

So looking to pick up a reproduction B-10 in a size 48 - I need at least 20.5 in shoulders. Curious, is ELC my only option? Or is there another company that I don't know about that makes a size 48?

Thank you very much! Best to all!

Bill K.

Saint-ex

I have the same concern since I need a 50.
Aero leather, pike brother are the option for me but no accurate as ELC.

bellumbill

Pike bros. I have heard are not so good - Aero I like but like to see I mid range price option. (Also, small point, but don’t like their label.) Anyway, not sure any out there that pass muster. That’s why I posted this to the forum in hope that people more knowledgeable than me might have an answer. Best Bill

Saint-ex

Yes, it's why I told you less accurate.

For big boys there are not plenty offer, since all Asian maker (Buzz Rickson, Bronson, Bob Dong etc...) are considering size 44 as XXXXXXXL.

As far as know, our options are :
- Aero Leather, with indeed a label which is not fully a repro
- Pike Brother, bad comments seems to be about the first version, the second one seem a bit more accurate compare to the first try ( zipper with left opening etc..)
- At The Front, liner not in alpaga or even in wool, but synthetic fur
- Quartermaster Inspector, collar in faux fur and liner too.

@Shawn Ali was working on a B-10, but the project seems to be pending.

ties70

Yes, it's why I told you less accurate.

For big boys there are not plenty offer, since all Asian maker (Buzz Rickson, Bronson, Bob Dong etc...) are considering size 44 as XXXXXXXL.

As far as know, our options are :
- Aero Leather, with indeed a label which is not fully a repro
- Pike Brother, bad comments seems to be about the first version, the second one seem a bit more accurate compare to the first try ( zipper with left opening etc..)
- At The Front, liner not in alpaga or even in wool, but synthetic fur
- Quartermaster Inspector, collar in faux fur and liner too.

@Shawn Ali was working on a B-10, but the project seems to be pending.

I guess you have to compromise on authenticity when it comes to options for us 48/50 guys...

As you are in Paris, anyway, have you ever tried the stuff from Doursoux? I am not sure about the current run, but in the past (I contacted them about the B-10), they assured me that the jacket featured alpaca and a real fur collar. Made in France, as well!

The knits are too green, at least in the photo, but that might be an easy fix with some replacements from MASH.

You can see the liner here, and though it's for their B-15 jacket I would expect it to be similar. Maybe of a synthetic material, but looking better than ATF...

Ties

Last edited:

bellumbill

Thank you guys - this is the info. I was looking for! :) I will give Pike Bros. a 2nd look! I am not ruling out ELC, just looking at some other less expensive options as well. At the front I think it out of B-10s at the moment, but for the price I really liked them, should have bought one when I had the chance. :mad:

Best regards!
Bill K.

foster

I had an At The Front some years ago, but sold it. It was a decent repro, but my expectations were higher than it could deliver in terms of accuracy.

I sold that off when I bought my ELC one. The ELC is nice, but honestly it seems too thin. Maybe this is just comparison to other repros, and I confess I do not own an original to compare against.

Every now and then Good Wear makes a B-10, and I would love to get one of those someday.

B-Man2

Unfortunately size 48s seem to be impossible to locate with the exception of ELC.
There's definitely a market out there as bigger guys deserve nice jackets too!:(

Saint-ex

As Doursoux XXL Chest width is 61 cm, a bit smaller than the 48 at ELC (27" according historypreservation.com numbers table), I ordered a Pike Brothers XXL

Even if the Pike's B-10 is not perfectly accurate, I prefer the natural materials to the synthetic of the Doursoux lining.

Let see at the end the week. ;)

Saint-ex

Here are some pics of the Pike Brothers' interpretation of the B-10 flying jacket.
4b218d07-83d8-4f3d-a17f-56c700577f55.jpg
9a195032-b865-425e-921e-6abdf5112464.jpg

9f1e77ff-f466-4909-977d-66f4d5215525.jpg
298b395a-093e-4254-80ea-902a1c85bb04.jpg
ec258da5-f436-4a53-bb24-ee091101f026.jpg

This jacket present some defect, a lack of sewing in the inside pocket and a small stain on the shoulder.

Pike Brothers were very responsive and already sent me a return label to exchange it for me.

I was initially thinking of return it and waiting 5 * is ready with the B-10 (correct liner), because I tried it quickly on Wednesday without a mirror and the little flaws had bothered me.

But after a new try, I think it suit not so bad. Maybe I'll just swap for a flawless one.