• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro A-2 Jackets with Hard Use--Let's see yours!

Grant

Great thread! Posted this before, but here's a recent shot of my Eastman 1401P. 13th BS patch sewn on by Steve Sellers.

A-2.jpg

Greg Gale

I love this threat, keep those photos coming! :)

@Grant it seems as if the sleeves and collar were a shade lighter than the torso on the 1401p which reminds me of a cool looking varsity jacket. That Eastman could pass for a well-kept original, to my untrained eyes at least.

Ken at Aero Leather

It’s jerky horsehide, Mikey.
One the topcoat on Jerky has started to wear like s4rmark's, a light spray with pledge or a light rub of clear polish on the worn areas and a hard shine with a rag, will really bring up the base colour.........I can't bring myself to use the "Tetley's core" terminology.................
Once there's some shine on those reddish areas it'll be hard to tell apart from the leather widely used in Aero Beacon's 1942 contracts

Juanito

I suppose I have to re-post this one in here as it was the jacket that apprently inspired this thread :rolleyes:
The LW Dubow has probably trumped it for abuse unless Aero's lining and knits are stronger?

View attachment 11927
Not sure on the lining and knits. The cuffs have been a mix of the original, Eastman, some set I can't remember from where, and another unknown set bought from a member from VLJ. I can't remember where the waistband came from as it has probably been 15 years since I replaced that.

The liners are a little different--the LW liner is a far tighter weave, but probably wears comparably.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Good thread. As it's out here is the Goodwear Star that I pictured in the Dubow thread the other day. Complete with, heavens above, sleeve wrinkleso_OView attachment 11926
Micawber and Jeremiah, your jackets are so nice looking! With those fantastic sleeve creases-wrinkles they look exactly like WWII originals!
Nick, where are you? The photo of your fabulous BK Dubow Liberty HH is strangely missing here...it should be over here too... to be going to win!)

B-Man2

I have to agree!!

I'm sure JC won't mind me saying that's the least impressive Goodwear A-2 I've ever seen......sorry b-Man2, no Kings Suit of Clothes from me
Ken
Thanks for your input. As someone who lacks your expertise in making jackets, I liked the jacket from the first time that I saw it based on its appearance. I like the Dubow pattern and the 1755 contract with the dull purple knits is one of my favorite contracts . I understand that as a maker of jackets, you look at the jacket from an entirely different perspective. Your opinion is always welcomed and respected.
Cheers
B-Man2

Ken at Aero Leather

Ken
Thanks for your input. As someone who lacks your expertise in making jackets, I liked the jacket from the first time that I saw it based on its appearance. I like the Dubow pattern and the 1755 contract with the dull purple knits is one of my favorite contracts . I understand that as a maker of jackets, you look at the jacket from an entirely different perspective. Your opinion is always welcomed and respected.
Cheers
B-Man2

It's the finish on the leather I dislike, more 80s Mall than Goodwear

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Last edited: