• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing A-2 Snaps

jexpo20

Anyone have a suggestion for replacing the snaps on the collar and pockets? Has anyone done this? Can it be done?

Where could i purchase the snaps?

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

T-Bolt

Are you looking for ball stud snaps (nipple) or ring-type snaps and do you have appropriate tools to attach the snaps you wish to use??

Ted

jeroen

A well stocked DIY store will sell you the right tool to do it. The thing you need is two iron 'anvils' (sorry dont know the proper English word for it). One on top and won on the bottom. Each side of the actual snap is also made out of a top and bottom. One side will go through the hole in the leather with another side to hold it in place. For each side you then put the anvil on top of the snap. Using a hammer and the tool you then just hammer them tight in place. It really is easy and you will certainly not need anyone to do it for you.

The tricky part is really to remove the old snaps if they arr still in place without damaging the leather.

good luck with the project + keep us posted,

Jeroen

A

Anonymous

Are you looking for ball stud snaps (nipple) or ring-type snaps and do you have appropriate tools to attach the snaps you wish to use??

Ted

Ted, you know where to find the ball stud snaps?

T-Bolt

I am not positive about a source for nipple snaps.........but John Chapman uses them and may have information regarding a supply source.

MASH Supply may also have them available. Good luck!!

Ted

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ted
I don't think John Chapman would reveal his source
it's like giving out the recipe for baklava if you know what I mean

asiamiles

I managed to replace an A-2 snap using a small tool (made specifically for such a job), bought from Tokyu dept store. So if I can do it, it must be easy!

FlyingToastman

PLATON said:
it's like giving out the recipe for baklava if you know what I mean

And mine for that, Meulle Fei, and my Pappou's Vasilopita (new years bread) is a secret no one else in my family knows.

Amen!

regius

old post but newly occurred problem. My Aero A2 collar ball snap fell off, revealing the hollow, straight male pole, sticking out through the leather. On the flip side is the cotton wrapped base. So, obviously the ball stud did not come down onto the pole hard/far enough to cause a deformation, and it just seems the pole is not long enough to reach the end of the interior of the ball...this is the first time a new Aero A2 had this...

Pilot

old post but newly occurred problem. My Aero A2 collar ball snap fell off, revealing the hollow, straight male pole, sticking out through the leather. On the flip side is the cotton wrapped base. So, obviously the ball stud did not come down onto the pole hard/far enough to cause a deformation, and it just seems the pole is not long enough to reach the end of the interior of the ball...this is the first time a new Aero A2 had this...
Would send it back to Aero or at least ask advise from them. They are very good and service oriented.

foster

I had a new Aero bought in 2012 and when I opened the box upon arrival, the pocket snap from the flap was broken and stuck to the male portion on the pocket body (we think a Customs inspector was perhaps too aggressive when this was inspected). Aero fixed it through a US company in the Seattle area. If you have not owned this jacket for long then I would contact them as I believe they can fix it for you.

Members online

Latest posts