• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removed post

havocpaul

I hadn't been informed but noticed a post I made has disappeared apparently removed, it was a link to a Simon and Garfunkel track, can anyone tell me what happened and why the censorship.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I remember seeing it ... if it's been removed, I guess it was considered political.

havocpaul

Interesting....I thought it apolitical but very topical; oh well, would have liked to have been told whatever the reason.

havocpaul

Would have been nice if he'd bothered to tell me the reason instead of imposing instant censorship, it was not any attack on our (U.K., U.S., Aus, Euro) troops as I stated 'brave soldiers' but showed that our so called leaders learn nothing from history as the original Simon and Garfunkel version of 'Silent Night/7 o'clock News so simply but powerfully showed. Funnily enough, I posted the same on Facebook and got a much more understanding response and many were folk usually thought of as young, self-obsessed and uncaring....never mind I'll know the limitations imposed next time. Sad though.

havocpaul

Sorry, I may have mistakingly thought it was Van who removed the post but he allegedly just made shall I say unjust flipant comments so maybe the moderator(s) were right to remove it and it may have appeared political in some ways, I apologise to them but not for the message nor to Van, I'll stick to jackets on here in future!

Vcruiser

Well..,of course,I disagree about my response being over the top..or even flippant. There are several different videos attached to S&G's silent night on youtube. The one hp chose along with the presentation has been and remains certainly political and often controversial to many here in the states. Concerning other cultural perspectives or various world views,perhaps not so much. I'm no better than any other member here and have no administrative powers to remove any post...but I can,so far,express my opinions about them.
Van

Vcruiser said:
Well..,of course,I disagree about my response being over the top..or even flippant. There are several different videos attached to S&G's silent night on youtube. The one hp chose along with the presentation has been and remains certainly political and often controversial to many here in the states. Concerning other cultural perspectives or various world views,perhaps not so much. I'm no better than any other member here and have no administrative powers to remove any post...but I can,so far,express my opinions about them.
Van
Fair enough reply Van, all good.
Bevan

havocpaul

Indeed fair enough, I thought it topical and very poignant and in no way an insult to the ordinary soldier and the sentiment harks back to the Christmas truce of 1914, I'll leave it at that. What's so funny about peace, love and understanding as another song says.