• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regrets, I’ve had a few

johnwayne

I certainly regret taking a nice 2 tone DaVinci lounge shirt bought from Johnson's for a princely sum to my local dry cleaners who ruined it after only one wear! Had to take them to small claims court for my money!! My regret in flight jackets was passing on an original A2 for £150 'cos I didn't think it was legit as I didn't recognise the label - a Security Aviation Togs 324-85, wonder what might be worth now?

Ken at Aero Leather

Oh wow, are you still in touch with Joy and Tim, Ken? Could they still be interested in doing jacket art? For some reason I thought the jacket was Sefton. So I have owned an Aero! This thread is a gift!

Hi Stainer

I haven't seen either in 30 years, Joy went into nursing and Tim's career really took off, last I heard he was designing car interiors.
The other artist we used was Paul Stagg https://www.paulstagg.co.uk/
Paul is without equal when it comes to painting flight jackets........his work is miles ahead of any other artist I've ever come across.............bar none!

Prices to match last time I asked for a quote :>) but he really understands the genre, unconditionally guaranteed

PS My first shop was in Kensington Market 1968-72

Teddy

This year I've sold my Cockpit USA 21st Cen. A-2, an AVI Bronco A-2, an ELC RW B-10, and an authentic 1984 A-2 Deck Jacket. Sadly I don't regret letting any of them go now as none of them fit very well, which brings me to the point that I've only regretted clicking the button and waste my money only to sell them at lower price later, instead of saving all that wasted cash for a nice real high-end jacket that would fit.

Even more regretful is the fake B-15 jacket I received 2 days ago, which I am still waiting for the seller to offer a full refund or reasonable compromise. I didn't need it as I already have an ELC B-15 but I guess I was way too ill and ignorant to know better. Heck, I now regret joining the forum since there's literally no way back ;)

Thomas Koehle

Fingers crossed so far i was never „burnt“ before when ordering/buying any of my jackets ...

I saw your posts about your B15 „experience“ ...