• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redwing Gentleman Traveller Boots

airfrogusmc

Yeah took Paul a couple years to get his stuff back. He kept saying he had some SERIOUS health problems and kept giving excuses. I didn't know he had moved out of Idaho. I feel bad for recomending the guy. Greg stay on him...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
GregNYC said:
Great to hear!! I'm an E or EE and I understand from another duck-footed friend that Lone Wolfs are on the wide side. I had an order in for LW Carpenters, but I hear most vendors are out of stock till April. Has that changed??

Well it's April here in NZ now .... :)

Yeah, they are wide enough, I'm wearing my usual NZ/UK size of 9 1/2, whereas I'd normally go up a size for USA.

I had a quick look, Japanese vendors seem to have some stock, just not all sizes, or colours. Black would be hard to find, here's Beat ...

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG

stanier

I'm after a pair of Lone Wolf "Mechanic" boots in brown, anyone know a supplier please?

I think I've found them in black, but would prefer brown.

If Lone Wolf stocks are going to be replenished in April anyone know when?

And lastly, what do you do when those Cats Paw sole and heel units need replacing; are spares available?

Cheers all!

handworn

Duluth Trading Company (http://www.duluthtrading.com/) would also do you well, I bet. I have a leather cellphone belt case from them, and it exudes old-fashioned craftsmanship. Damn thing will outlast me. I half expect to see a Rough Wear label inside. :)

cheaterome said:
Go to farm and fleet and get some work and sports... $80 tops .This or their rebel shoe.

deeb7 said:
GregNYC said:
Also, I have never seen in person a work boot from Real McCoy or Lone Wolf, so can't speak for the quality. How is the quality??

The workmanship in the Lone Wolfs is faultless, with full leather insoles, and they are supremely comfortable. :D

I got these in Kyoto 10 days ago. I'd call them an E width, only available up to sz 10.

Like David says, comfortable and faultess construction, and best of all it's boot weather here in Godzone.

P1020037.jpg

P1020038.jpg

BEVAN

stanier

deeb7 said:

'Scuse me while I revisit this thread ...

So did anyone ever buy these? I have the BR shoes, but those boots sure are tempting.

And then again, I like Bevan's Hunter boots ...

I can't find anyone who'd bought the BR boots (or M42 from anyone) (I have the shoes too) I'm seriously tempted to order but would rather just get some advice on sizing, as one japanese site I looked at seemed to translate to suggest they might run a little big, but it could just be the translation!

Certainly my size 9.5 fit perfectly and I was hoping the BR boots would be the same

zoomer

My regular boots are:

us_boot_serv_shoe_main.jpg

At The Front Type I Service Shoe, $109.99 / combination sole, nails and all

130357_96059.gif

Blundstone Model 62 (aka Culbertson), stout brown, $149 / square toe, nonlug sole

3714.jpg

Justin Model 3714 10" Roper, Corona tan, $99 / low heel, leather sole

All 3 pair are in my weekly walking rotation, have several hundred miles at least on 'em, and give good service and comfort so far.
Sizing respectively for this 10 1/2D wearer is real big (ATF 10E), big (Blunnie Aus. 9.5M), and right on the nosey (Justin 10 1/2M).

PADDY_M

Zoomer, have you any photos of the ATF boots now that you have clocked some mileage up on them, please?

I'm also interested to know, if with wear, tear and polish (if applied) they have darkened somewhat.

Also sounds like they run large (as military boots tend to), so you've ordered a 1/2 size down from your foot size?

zoomer

As is typical for repros, the ATFs are only made in whole number sizes and single widths. Their 10E is darn near an 11. I wear them with innersoles and at least a sweatsock weight of sock. The vamps lace up to the tightness I need, and the toe bulb is extra roomy but there's none of that slippage which can really leave you hurting.

My pair are just a touch darker brown than the pic shown. I haven't polished them, just mink oiled them a couple times to keep moisture out, and the color has held. I'll try and snap a few pix here soon.

kevlarg

I have a pair of ATF jump boots and I have put alot of mileage on them. I also have a pair of modern Corcoran Jumpers. The leather on the ATF boots is leaps and bounds nicer than on my Corcorans. It is a dyed leather and pretty soft right out of the box. The Corcoran's, for comparison are paint dyed, very shiny almost resembling plastic.

Overall I love the ATF boots. They have worn really nicely. I wear mine in my woodshop and they are starting to look just like originals that come up on ebay.

BTW-I know you guys are talking about the Service shoes but I can tell you they are near identical except for the height and the heel.

I will try and post a pic for you.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
stanier said:
I can't find anyone who'd bought the BR boots (or M42 from anyone) (I have the shoes too) I'm seriously tempted to order but would rather just get some advice on sizing, as one japanese site I looked at seemed to translate to suggest they might run a little big, but it could just be the translation!

Certainly my size 9.5 fit perfectly and I was hoping the BR boots would be the same

Exactly the problem, my Lone Wolf boots are 9.5, and fit well. The BR shoes are size 10, and snug. I realise that boots usually are sized a little more generously than dress shoes, but it needs to be right first time.

And thanks also to Cliff for the 'heads up' on Red Wing. I too wanted the Gentleman Traveller boots, and this thread put me right off. Red Wing are not commonly sold in NZ, but I just found a pair of these ...

sub1-s.jpg

... almost new, in a thrift shop. The look was great, and the quality was poor.