• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redskin B-3...possibly Five Star?

adfrost

Randomly ran across this repro redskin “maroon” B-3 and it...doesn’t look half bad, actually. Shearling on the cuffs and windflap is the same thickness as the body & collar, which is wrong. Zipper probably isn’t accurate (tough the tell). But other than that, it looks much better than most “B3 Irvin bomber jackets“ on eBay. It would no doubt be functional while looking more the part than most. There’s no branding, but I do notice one interesting thing in the item description: “Please leave feedback with five star if you are satisfied with your item.” So perhaps this is something made in the same factory as Five Star‘s other jackets? If so, it looks like they can make a pretty damn convincing B-3 at an insanely low price.

EB903348-D18A-4FFF-B86D-912559F49CD8.jpeg 1E62960C-DE94-4420-8A08-07DD75157792.jpeg

mulceber

Whoops, posted before I’d read the full post. Still, I’d be interested in whether Shawn can comment on this.

Pilot

My Dad would have said: „Stop dreaming...switch on your brains...“
„Costs for 2-3m2 ( acceptable quality) sheerling ( to make one jacket) plus the hardware costs are higher than the offered sales price...Manpower and admin cost not even mentioned...
Please feel free to participate in the race to the bottom if you have money to waste and sponsor a seller ( imposter with stolen photos )where his highest price of goods sold, are 8 panties and T-shirts worth less than 10 Euro...“
„Wake up son!“
Sorry my dads saying... Please try it and please inform members...in good or bad...

Last edited:

adfrost

No, not the mods but our members may wake up and think twice prior throwing their money out of the window...

I know some around here have the funds to throw huge piles of money at Real McCoys and The Few on a regular basis, but many do not, or have decided that is not smart use of what funds they have. And if companies like Eastman are also going continue pumping their prices up, some will seek more affordable options. Does that mean we’ll ”throw that money out the window” on eBay? Not necessarily. But I can’t blame anyone for taking a flier on cheaper options, on the off chance they actually do get a quality product (which is of course not guaranteed).

dinomartino1

I gave up reporting sellers using pics of other peoples jackets to ebay they simply do not give a shit but saying that if you receive an item that is not the same as the listing picture you will get your money back.

Pilot

I know some around here have the funds to throw huge piles of money at Real McCoys and The Few on a regular basis, but many do not, or have decided that is not smart use of what funds they have. And if companies like Eastman are also going continue pumping their prices up, some will seek more affordable options. Does that mean we’ll ”throw that money out the window” on eBay? Not necessarily. But I can’t blame anyone for taking a flier on cheaper options, on the off chance they actually do get a quality product (which is of course not guaranteed).
Agree...
Please feel free to take the risk and and tell us.
I dont have 100 Euro ++ to be risked for ( synthetic) crapola .

Last edited:

Pilot

I gave up reporting sellers using pics of other peoples jackets to ebay they simply do not give a shit but saying that if you receive an item that is not the same as the listing picture you will get your money back.
Agree... Crapbay.
Would never buy from one who steals, forges or cheats...with pics...or any others...
nor has only 8 feedbacks selling only undies ( for max 10 Euro) and now adds with stolen pics.

Last edited:

Geeboo

one thing to notice is they say real sheepskin leather & in the item spec, it said
Insulation Material:Synthetic Fur Shearling
So, possibly sheepskin & sew underneath fleece lining, also, there severely lacks the details photos and even a detailed product description, which is common for doggy seller. I would always pass for this type of products, no matter how attractive the px is.
P.S. I agree the cap photos is better than "most" of the B3 in eBay, but that is exactly the trick; U don't necessarily get the jacket same as the cap photo.

Last edited: