• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Wing Gentlemen's Traveller Boots

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
The ones in the picture I posted differ from the classic lifestyle collection not only in welt/sole configuration BUT also used a better leather, a leather that was not oil pulled... maybe even shineable?

redwing9010b.jpg

siddhartha

Administrator
Just an FYI-the Gentleman Traveler's leather is shineable. The black cherry color is remarkable-my favorite boots, and although a bit of a pain to break in (and I'm picky with my feet, being a diabetic) well worth the effort-they're quite comfortable once they're worn in a bit

Chris

Doug C

David, what model number are those and where are they available exactly? They look different than the ones in the RW link you posted earlier, well actually there were none in that link like them. One thing though, and I can't tell from the angle of the picture you just posted.. but that sole looks thicker than what's on the GT ones, do you have a good side shot?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
... and I can't tell from the angle of the picture you just posted.. but that sole looks thicker than what's on the GT ones, do you have a good side shot?

Rakuten ... model 9010

redwing9010c.jpg

Doug C

Great, thanks for the info, looks like there may still be a chance of getting a close pair then. Maybe it's just me but if these are the same ones as what cultism used to carry, then cultism must of done a better job of photographing and displaying them on their site.. something about them look different, just can't put my finger on it, I could be wrong though. Either way these are still really nice looking.

Doug C

Doug C

David, thanks for the link, it's very helpful. Mazeta, I really like those too, congrats on the order and shoot some pics when they arrive, you should get them very soon. They're a good color already but it'd be interesting to see them after a once over with kiwi's cordovan just to make them slightly more russet. I may sell my Aldens to get me a pair.

Doug C

siddhartha

Administrator
deeb7 said:
Doug C said:
... and I can't tell from the angle of the picture you just posted.. but that sole looks thicker than what's on the GT ones, do you have a good side shot?

Rakuten ... model 9010

redwing9010c.jpg

Just FYI-that seems like the exact side profile of the Gentleman Traveler boots I have from RedWing

Chris

Atticus

Ummmmm....not to pee in anybody's cornflakes.....but....are these boots really two hunderd and ninety US dollars...or did I read the above link wrong?

316_0.jpg

AF

mazeta

Atticus said:
Ummmmm....not to pee in anybody's cornflakes.....but....are these boots really two hunderd and ninety US dollars...or did I read the above link wrong?

316_0.jpg

AF
Even at $299, they're cheaper than my ex's crappy Jimmy Choo pumps!
$299 is the default price on the website. Once you check out and specify your country (USA), the price dropped to $251.26 + shipping.

Atticus

mazeta said:
Even at $299, they're cheaper than my ex's crappy Jimmy Choo pumps!
$299 is the default price on the website. Once you check out and specify your country (USA), the price dropped to $251.26 + shipping.

Guys, I guess I'm just not into boots as much as I thought I was. I've been wearing Georgia Boots and Wolverines for thirty years. I pay about a hundred bucks for a new pair every third deer season or so.

But I also wear Avirex and Saddlery A-2s, so what can I say?

AF

Doug C

yep, all of this stuff is rediculously over priced. Uniqueness is expensive I guess. There is the arguement that they are made better and will last a life time, blah,blah.. but still, it's unbelievable what quality goes for nowadays, when it used to be almost expected of a company to produce the quality and a fair price. I still go for this stuff though, when I can.

Doug C

Doug C

mazeta wrote :
Once you check out and specify your country (USA), the price dropped to $251.26 + shipping.

:eek: So, these are on sale or something? Did you know the price would drop on checkout or was it just a pleasant surprise?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
:eek: So, these are on sale or something?

At the foot of the page .....

* All prices are inclusive of VAT (19.00%) but exclusive of delivery charges (unless otherwise indicated).
Tax-free shopping for customers outside Europe.

Doug C

ah, ok, well that's good to know. I've bought LVC's from them in the past but don't remember them being less, though I'm sure they must have been. It's pretty near a wash when shipping is figured too I suppose.

Doug C

mazeta

Doug C said:
ah, ok, well that's good to know. I've bought LVC's from them in the past but don't remember them being less, though I'm sure they must have been. It's pretty near a wash when shipping is figured too I suppose.

Doug C
Shipping was about $27.00. I can't believe they got here so fast. I ordered them Sunday NIGHT and I got them at 10:30 this morning. I was afraid they were going to need serious breaking-in, but they are comfortable out of the box.

Doug C

mazeta wrote:
I was afraid they were going to need serious breaking-in, but they are comfortable out of the box.

...even more reason to get 'em :twisted: . Cultism items have always arrived unbelievably fast for me too, and that's a good thing for someone as impatient as I. uhmmm, pics?

BTW Mazeta, any sizing recommendations? What size are you and what size did you order? Is the fit good? I know what cultism recommends but theey're kind of vague about it.

Doug C

chicken

i pulled the trigger on these, too. i wanted cordovan colored boots to go with my aero highwayman.

here's how they looked when i first got them just few weeks ago:

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

and here's how they are looking right now, after about two weeks of light wear:

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

cultizm was out of my size so i went with zappos. $239.95 including shipping.