• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for storing Vintage jackets?

Just wondering what Recommendations you have for storing Vintage leather and Shearling. Im starting to have too many to leave here and there and need a new place to put them and also keep them out of sight from the Mrs...
Who do most of you store your Jackets. Im sure some of you have some creative ideas and Im sure many of us here including myself would be interested in hearing/seeing the best options.

Paul

John Lever

Re: Recommendations for storing Vintage leather and Shearlin

Sheepskins I store flat on a shelf in my cupboard [closet]
HH on a wide hanger.
I never ever use a hanger for sheepskins and never use the hanging strap/chain on any jackets.

Andrew

I also keep all mine lying flat- the main objective is to not stress them at all. I keep the Irvins in grid sided suit bags that Ikea used to sell and the A-2's in normal suiters. I keep them in the wardrobe. I'd like to keep them in a climate controlled space but it's not possible so I check their condition regularly. You really ought to keep the humidity below 60 percent I believe.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
... You really ought to keep the humidity below 60 percent I believe.

Yeah, I do ... and I only have two shearlings. The D-1 is so light weight that he's allowed on a hanger. The B-3 lives on a mannequin, which is fine, but I have to remember to turn on the light if I get up at night.

Several times he's been mistaken for an intruder. :oops: