• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recognise this chap?

airfrogusmc

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
...screen what would be appropriate responses. I thought this was a forum and open area for discussion...

Case in point.

Once again, who's been crowned here? Self-righteously? Later Spanky, I'll leave you to your little fiefdom and discuss history and jackets with those here who are civil and aren't just looking to pick fights.

Chandler

"Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

Take it to the other thread and your the one that started with the name calling. Don't start nothin there wont be nothin. I have a right to my opinion and I was talking jackets with you until the politician remark. Like the little kid that starts the fight then when someone fights back ya start with the "mommy mommy" now take it here and I will gladly discus

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=954

Swing

Chandler said:
Honestly, you can't swing a dead horse's tail around here without hittin' you Froggy!

Chandler

And he's the last person who should be reading someone else the riot act about bringing politics into every discussion.

~Swing

rich

Anyone here see anyone here?

ppp109.jpg

airfrogusmc

Great photo....

No Navy jackets so that would leave out Hack.

No Harley so no hoosierdawgy.

Maybe zoomer? nah no sax (bong)

No scrubs so no Chris

Frosty not there either. No gray hair. :p

Nope not a one from here...

Still great photo Rick.

rich

taikonaut said:
Probably taken when he was in training?

bus0-012.jpg

It's a strong resemblence! I think his name-tag reads L A DENTONI, but my eyes aren't what they used to be........

Chandler

George Herbert Walker Bush
On his 18th birthday he enlisted in the armed forces. The youngest pilot in the Navy when he received his wings, he flew 58 combat missions during World War II.

Wasn't issued an A-2.

Chandler

taikonaut

[quote="rich
It's a strong resemblence! I think his name-tag reads L A DENTONI, but my eyes aren't what they used to be........[/quote]

Quite sure I have seen an old leather name tag "L A Denton" floating around. I wonder if that name is being generically used on some jackets?

rich

When I saw this photo, I thought the guy in the B2 cap might be very well known - but it looks like I'm in a cold and lonely place with that one! I thought he looked very much like Mr. Jimmy Stewart!

asiamiles

No, I don't think that's Jimmy. The framing of the photo suggests the intended subjects, if any, were the guy with the 'tache and the one in the vest; whether they are anyone of note, I have no idea. But it's a really good snap anyway.

taikonaut

rich said:
When I saw this photo, I thought the guy in the B2 cap might be very well known - but it looks like I'm in a cold and lonely place with that one! I thought he looked very much like Mr. Jimmy Stewart!

Looks like Mark from Westlife :lol:

untitled22pc7.png

MikeyB-17

Well, well, L.A. Dentoni again! I brought this up years ago on C20th or maybe even FJE. I noticed that the same chap showed up in that pic (I have it in Kaplan and Currie's 'Round The Clock') and also in my now fairly ancient, 'first edition' copy of ELC's 'Golden Book', where he appears in colour and has been promoted to captain. 'Round the Clock' states that the first pic was taken at Great Ashfield, home of the 385th Bomb Group. He's wearing a Lieutenant's bar. In the 'Golden Book', in the first few pages, you see him with a group of other guys in A-2's examining a map, wearing Captain's bars. There's another pic, in the B-3 section, of a chap in the nose of a B-17 adjusting his oxygen mask, who also looks like Dentoni, but I'm not so sure on that one-no tag visible. You can quite clearly see 'L.A. Dentoni' on his nametag in my copy of 'Round the Clock', and at least the 'oni' bit in TGB. He was obviously around on more than one occasion when the photographers were at Great Ashfield! I'm also sure that I've seen the name used somewhere by a company making repro nametags.

Andrew

rich said:

I'm with you Rich, he does indeed but he's too young.

More importantly though I hope that guy on the bottom right managed to winkle out that bit of sandwich glued to his teeth with his tongue!