• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recognise this chap?

MikeyB-17

I've wanted to post this pic for years, so now that I've finally got myself a scanner, I can do it. Anyone recognise this chap, (he's pretty famous nowadays), and do you also recognise the jacket?

ClintA-2II.jpg

rich

The spacing between the L and the I was always vital, especially when using caps...........

rich

Chandler said:
Izzat the same jacket he wore in Space Cowboys? :D

Chandler

ELC furnished the jackets for Space Cowboys, hmmm check out that 'shoulder-droop'........ or something

Chandler

rich said:
ELC furnished the jackets for Space Cowboys, hmmm check out that 'shoulder-droop'........ or something

Saw-ree -- Clint's, Garner's, and Sutherland's were Avirex. They were all given choices and Jones was the only one who took the ELC.

Besides, we caboshed the whole droop misconception a while ago, where you been?

Chandler

rich

Chandler said:
rich said:

Saw-ree -- Clint's, Garner's, and Sutherland's were Avirex. They were all given choices and Jones was the only one who took the ELC.

Besides, we caboshed the whole droop misconception a while ago, where you been?

Chandler

I did not know that :oops: -I wonder why TLJ chose the ELC? Was he tipped off? As for the droop business - I was only joshin :)

Chandler

rich said:
I did not know that :oops: -I wonder why TLJ chose the ELC? Was he tipped off?

As I recall (many years ago), they put a bunch of jackets on a table and asked the actors to pick and choose what they liked/wanted. Just a luck of the draw, or maybe Tommy Lee just knows better repros? :)

At least Sutherland didn't bring along Oddball's Schott!

As for the droop business - I was only joshin

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so defensive. :oops:

Chandler

rich

Chandler said:
rich said:
I did not know that :oops: -I wonder why TLJ chose the ELC? Was he tipped off?

As I recall (many years ago), they put a bunch of jackets on a table and asked the actors to pick and choose what they liked/wanted. Just a luck of the draw, or maybe Tommy Lee just knows better repros? :)

At least Sutherland didn't bring along Oddball's Schott!

As for the droop business - I was only joshin

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so defensive. :oops:

Chandler

Oddball was wearing a Schott! Oh well! This must have been covered before, but is McQueens 'Hilts' genuine? Also, Hardy Kruger
wears an excellent Luftwaffe jacket in 'the one that got away', maybe a little harder to call that one? BTW, you weren't being defensive - it was a clumsy joke - no offense meant and none taken.

shanghai joe

taikonaut said:
shanghai joe said:
speaking of hide, Mr Eastwood did a TV series called rawhide......... a western, so no A2s

Thought you dont have a TV?

that was years ago..........when I was in M'sia! Just as was Paladdin........I had a choice of Id's.........shanghai joe or hey boy!

haven't had a telly for the past 5 plus years!

Chandler

rich said:
Oddball was wearing a Schott! Oh well! This must have been covered before, but is McQueens 'Hilts' genuine?

It sure looks like a Schott when you look closely. Big snap on the wind flap, snap-down eppaulets. But c'mon, we all know Hilts' was the real deal.

Also, Hardy Kruger
wears an excellent Luftwaffe jacket in 'the one that got away', maybe a little harder to call that one?

Considering that there was no issued jacket for the Luftwaffe, mostly privately purchased, that one is probably passable. Have to look into that movie.

Chandler