• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recognise this chap?

A

Anonymous

Little known fact about Mr Sutherland, he tagged along with Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden on a certain trip to North Viet Nam. Just never had his picture taken manning a AAA gun sporting a NVA helmet like "Hanoi Jane". Bit two faced IMHO.

Chandler

wing nut said:
Bit two faced IMHO.

Not to stand behind his politics in any way, but why would you say two-faced? If he was against the war from the beginning (did you see MASH?), and stuck to his beliefs, that isn't two-faced. Besides, Sutherland is a Canadian.

Chandler

A

Anonymous

So he can play an anti war role in the korean war(MASH) and play a USAF/Nasa hero in another movie(Spacecowboys), that seems two faced. My point is Hanoi Jane is well known for that crap but Sutherland keeps it secret. OK, he is a two face Canadian. What was he doing over there in the first place?

airfrogusmc

wing nut said:
Little known fact about Mr Sutherland, he tagged along with Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden on a certain trip to North Viet Nam. Just never had his picture taken manning a AAA gun sporting a NVA helmet like "Hanoi Jane". Bit two faced IMHO.

Can't you keep your political opinions out of every thread you enter? Theres an entire section devoted to that kind of discussion. So he is, what has that got to do with anything here thats relevant? Start a Sutherland hate thread over in the section devoted to all that. I would probably agree with you but OVER THERE.

Chandler

wing nut said:
So he can play an anti war role in the korean war(MASH) and play a USAF/Nasa hero in another movie(Spacecowboys), that seems two faced.

I know there can be "war" connections to NASA, but that's not really a "war hero" role. Besides, he's an actor playing a character, not an autobiographical part.

Look at the "liberally biased" actors Eastwood used in Mystic River, 180° politics from Eastwood, but they were "working." I won't look at Sutherland's art with a political bias, just as I immensely enjoyed Penn and Robbins in MR - despite their rather pompous politics.

My point is Hanoi Jane is well known for that crap but Sutherland keeps it secret. OK, he is a two face Canadian. What was he doing over there in the first place?

All good questions, though I did a little research and Sutherland didn't really hide his opinions at the time (if now), he and Fonda (they were a couple at the time) made a series of anti-war documentaries that were pretty popular with the counter-culture -- biased, no doubt, but not underground.

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
rich said:
ELC furnished the jackets for Space Cowboys, hmmm check out that 'shoulder-droop'........ or something

Saw-ree -- Clint's, Garner's, and Sutherland's were Avirex. They were all given choices and Jones was the only one who took the ELC.

Besides, we caboshed the whole droop misconception a while ago, where you been?

Chandler
SPACECOWBOYS/SUTHERLAND, get it Airforbrains? Do I need to connect the dots or get a big crayon for ya to get the connection? Since when did you become a moderator?

airfrogusmc

wing nut said:
Chandler said:
rich said:
ELC furnished the jackets for Space Cowboys, hmmm check out that 'shoulder-droop'........ or something

Saw-ree -- Clint's, Garner's, and Sutherland's were Avirex. They were all given choices and Jones was the only one who took the ELC.

Besides, we caboshed the whole droop misconception a while ago, where you been?

Chandler
SPACECOWBOYS/SUTHERLAND, get it Airforbrains? Do I need to connect the dots or get a big crayon for ya to get the connection? Since when did you become a moderator?

Oh here goes the real genius again. Gotta turn on OLE Rush so he can have an opinion. But having said that I'm not a mod but this conversation would certainly be more appropriate in the other section so take it there and we can have more fun. And when you get the urge which is almost always to insert your warped views you can easily fight the mindless urge and start a thread in the other section or is that even a bit hard for you? :roll:

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
And when you get the urge which is almost always to insert your warped views you can easily fight the mindless urge and start a thread in the other section or is that even a bit hard for you?

Okay... stepping away from the emoticon buttons and the keyboard... going about my daily business... not gonna step in-between... must - not - comment..............

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
wing nut said:
So he can play an anti war role in the korean war(MASH) and play a USAF/Nasa hero in another movie(Spacecowboys), that seems two faced.

I know there can be "war" connections to NASA, but that's not really a "war hero" role. Besides, he's an actor playing a character, not an autobiographical part.

Look at the "liberally biased" actors Eastwood used in Mystic River, 180° politics from Eastwood, but they were "working." I won't look at Sutherland's art with a political bias, just as I immensely enjoyed Penn and Robbins in MR - despite their rather pompous politics.

My point is Hanoi Jane is well known for that crap but Sutherland keeps it secret. OK, he is a two face Canadian. What was he doing over there in the first place?

All good questions, though I did a little research and Sutherland didn't really hide his opinions at the time (if now), he and Fonda (they were a couple at the time) made a series of anti-war documentaries that were pretty popular with the counter-culture -- biased, no doubt, but not underground.

Chandler
Yes I agree, its just a role for an actor but you brought up the MASH/antiwar subject. Also Sutherland played a USAF/TEST Pilot/NASA role-not quite in character for a draftcard burning antiwar liberal-but still its only a role in a movie. The point is most people today dont place him in the same group as Jane Fonda, (and he is) but he is willing to forget that to play a positve USAF/NASA role in a movie. (And I am sure he never brings up his Viet Nam "VACATION with JANE FONDA" when getting a movie contract). Political ass that he is/was IMHO.

airfrogusmc

wing nut said:
Chandler said:
wing nut said:

Chandler
Yes I agree, its just a role for an actor but you brought up the MASH/antiwar subject. Also Sutherland played a USAF/TEST Pilot/NASA role-not quite in character for a draftcard burning antiwar liberal-but still its only a role in a movie. The point is most people today dont place him in the same group as Jane Fonda, (and he is) but he is willing to forget that to play a positve USAF/NASA role in a movie. (And I am sure he never brings up his Viet Nam "VACATION with JANE FONDA" when getting a movie contract. Political ass that he is/was IMHO.

There are allot of folks that don't go into the life beyond section becasue they don't want to read political crap. So I have set up a thread just for you and you can tell everyone about all these left wing commies and spew your stuff all over that thread and the folks that want to read can do so. Here ya go. Rip on all the liberals there but don't crap up threads that have nothing to do with topic with your views because there are allot of folks that don't want politcs in these sections.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=946

A

Anonymous

OK, sorry to bring up Sutherlands political history, but it was related to the topic IMO.

Swing

Chandler said:
airfrogusmc said:
And when you get the urge which is almost always to insert your warped views you can easily fight the mindless urge and start a thread in the other section or is that even a bit hard for you?

Okay... stepping away from the emoticon buttons and the keyboard... going about my daily business... not gonna step in-between... must - not - comment..............

Chandler

What's there to comment about??? Allen.... Mindless urges..... insert warped views.... every thread..... Oh, I get it. Pot, Kettle, Black. :lol:

~Swing

airfrogusmc

Here ya go again...show me where I posted politics up here and stalk'n again are we? Man I sure wish you knew how to quit me.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

airfrogusmc

And you.... :lol: :lol:

Just saying that allot folks up here don't wanna read politics take it to where it belongs and swing seems to love to follow me around.

Kinda start'n to smell like an amigo from the old days maybe? :?

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
Just saying that allot folks up here don't wanna read politics take it to where it belongs

So le'mme just get this straight: we're going along here, having an honest coversation about well-known actors and A-2s that slips into actors' past histories, we're not bugging anyone, and no one made any complaints -- until you come lumbering along, trolling for trouble. A simple case of moderation without representation, I guess.

And since you tend to want to add your (unsolicited) 2 cents wherever you feel righteous -- whining and calling names when someone disagrees with you, I've done what I can to avoid wherever you may be pontificating -- but here you come. Talk about stalking. You're that guy in traffic, weaving in and out cutting me off and then giving me the "it's my fault shrug and finger" when I lay on my horn because you almost clipped my front end -- aren't you?

The only thing that seems to smell around here is your pompous, arrogant, pushy ways -- and you ain't no amigo of mine senator. Do us all a favor and back the hell off once in a while. 'Kay?

Moderators, I apologize -- but this bullying needs to end.

Sheesh.

Chandler

airfrogusmc

Speak'n of troll'n

This didn't even concern you. But politics should be in the other section along with our little spat cause lottsa folks don't wanna read it. So take it here.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=954
Got an idea though maybe we can put you in charge make you king and you can screen what would be appropriate responses. I thought this was a forum and open area for discussion but you seem to get your self all worked up with folks that don't worship the great ELC the way you do. Hey you could start your own little site and moderate to your hearts content. AMIGO... ;) :lol: :lol:

sgbailey2002

The poiltical BS needs to stay in "Life Beyond the Internet". This thread was hijacked by the same people as always, touting their personal BS, that most of us don't care about and don't want to hear. A lot of us don't go into Life Beyond the Internet because we don't care about that crap, so leave it there and not on other threads. Allen is right, take it over there and leave the rest of us alone to discuss what each of these topics is for.

Chandler

airfrogusmc said:
...screen what would be appropriate responses. I thought this was a forum and open area for discussion...

Case in point.

Once again, who's been crowned here? Self-righteously? Later Spanky, I'll leave you to your little fiefdom and discuss history and jackets with those here who are civil and aren't just looking to pick fights.

Chandler

"Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"