• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real repro A-6A boots!

Dimitry M

Dmitry M
I applaud your enthusiasm and excitement for what your trying to put together with this project . As the youngest member of the forum, it’s great to see someone your age with a passion for collecting and learning about this hobby and WWII history , particularly aviation history . I certainly don’t want to diminish that enthusiasm in any way, so if it’s ok with you let me suggest that the money you invested in these boots, would have been better off saved and added to other money down the road for a purchase of an original pair of boots or some other original or accurate repro of kit used during the war . These will not hold up over time and they will probably fall apart with anything but occasional use . You have a lot more years of collecting ahead of you and what seems like an expensive item like an original pair of these boots now , will be worth 3 times what you paid for them in years to come . So it’s worth the investment to save and purchase them rather than what you doing here .
I sincerely hope you see my post as what it is meant to be , some thoughtful advise to a fellow collector .
Cheers
i agree on that. I keep that in mind for the future.

Dimitry M

Well the RAF 43 pattern escape boots came today and the sole is leather. they didn't change the mistakes they made. So ill start practicing and learn hoy to work with leather. Then when I'm happy with my work I'll move on to fixing them my self.

B-Man2

DmitryM
You’ve received a lot of good advice here about saving your money and not buying inexpensive repros that you won’t wear after 6 months . Use this as a learning example of what not to do . Save your money and buy things that are mint original items or top tier quality repros that will last the test of time .
That’s what I and several others have learned here. The information is free for the taking .
Cheers

ausreenactor

DmitryM
You’ve received a lot of good advice here about saving your money and not buying inexpensive repros that you won’t wear after 6 months . Use this as a learning example of what not to do . Save your money and buy things that are mint original items or top tier quality repros that will last the test of time .
That’s what I and several others have learned here. The information is free for the taking .
Cheers

I have the last pair of 1936 RAF boots by Aero. I have had them for 11 years and they have never left the house Dimitry! That's more of a sin!

917_k

Not to revive an old dead thread, but I found some genuine A-6A boots!

7D9865E3-4363-423B-9493-868A7304E065.jpeg
I

On their way to me now. Condition is a little rough, but the leather doesn’t seem to have totally deteriorated and the rubber is excellent. A cool item to add to my collection of late 40s-50s flight gear.

Clark J

Look to be XXLs . Just get some good conditioner in them . With the surface lost (coating) you’ll be able to get a ton of leather treated ! Had a pr of them and I was able to actually use them after treatment !

917_k

Excellent. Could a junk pair rescue the soles and a capable jacket company redo the uppers...??

Well done!

Will see what the state of them is, but I reckon a healthy coat of leather conditioner should put a bit of life in them. They won’t be for wearing, so just gotta look good (collecting dust in the collection....)

Dimitry M

if the upper leather is as thick as shearling trousers you can use those the re do the uppers. its pretty easy to find torn and trashed ones on ebay