• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real repro A-6A boots!

Orange_Mound

Replicaters? No thanks. They are notoriously known for crap products and pretty much all or any of the photos on their websites are pilfered photos from other manufacturers or of original products. Steer clear guys, trust me on this one. Replicaters has been known for quite some time in the re-enactor community

Carl

:DNow this I have got to see !!
A6a boots as per nomenclature are a post war boot .The tread pattern is wrong as they had the "tractor tread" style sole .
As for "portraying" a 487th FS 352nd ensemble , the type A6 or any of the RAF pattern flying boot would be accurate ,but not the RAF 41 pattern boot .
For a company to " replicate " on demand ,one pair of boots hoping that they will become best sellers is some statement indeed .
Cant wait to see the results !!!:D

Dimitry M

:DNow this I have got to see !!
A6a boots as per nomenclature are a post war boot .The tread pattern is wrong as they had the "tractor tread" style sole .
As for "portraying" a 487th FS 352nd ensemble , the type A6 or any of the RAF pattern flying boot would be accurate ,but not the RAF 41 pattern boot .
For a company to " replicate " on demand ,one pair of boots hoping that they will become best sellers is some statement indeed .
Cant wait to see the results !!!:D
i actualy did see a photo of a pilot from the 352nd wearing a 43 pattern boot

Dimitry M

where I reenact it gets very hot around 96-98 deg and humid so I'm glad I got a K-1 flight suit and some double buckle boots to walk around in. I'm portraying the switch from p-47s to p-51s so the insulated boots would have only been worn for a short sliver of time. I got them so I can use them for cold weather photo shoots where i can use them with my original A-9 trousers and because they also look really cool.

Carl

K1 flight suit is wrong for a wartime impression I'm afraid especially if your supposedly doing a 352nd one

Dimitry M

K1 flight suit is wrong for a wartime impression I'm afraid especially if your supposedly doing a 352nd one
Its hot as H.E.L.L double hockey sticks im not wearing cotton. 2 years ago I had to wear dickies and dress shoes in 98 degree weather while marshaling a flight line. I am scarred for life

At $110 a pair you can’t really expect too much, but if they can be tweaked a bit to look ok then it’s really the only option for someone wanting a wearable pair of A-6s. I just wish they had a sample pic before dropping the dough.

Dimitry M

I don't currently have a AN6550. I am trying to find an A-14 mask that doesn't break my bank that I can afford that's in usable condition.

Dimitry M

At $110 a pair you can’t really expect too much, but if they can be tweaked a bit to look ok then it’s really the only option for someone wanting a wearable pair of A-6s. I just wish they had a sample pic before dropping the dough.
its the A-6 that are $110. The RAF 43 pattern are 210 ish. I talked them down to 185 though.

Dimitry M

Hopefully going to have some progress pics posted tonight. Its just the lover half oxford style shoe so far.

Carl

Plenty of pairs of originals about of the 43 boots .
Probably cheaper that a "made up " pair