• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real repro A-6A boots!

917_k

Can’t really understand it either, but whatever. Like I said, they’re basically only good for playing dress up in.

Cocker

Maybe h just doesn't want to get everybody all reved up before seing if the quality of the boots has been proven when he'll receive his?

Well, seems like this is already a miss! :D

Micawber

I've had numerous pairs of good, original wearable pairs A-6A boots in years gone by and found them to be of no real practical use in terms of a practical boot at all. Warm yes but so damned clumsy and poor grip.

Clark J

I had a great pr in sz small , the top coat was cracked but that allowed the Pecards to seep into the hid and made the very usable . The rubber was like new , I just put a wool foot beds in and wore big wool socks . Worked great when snow blowing my driveway . Wish I still had em

917_k

I've had numerous pairs of good, original wearable pairs A-6A boots in years gone by and found them to be of no real practical use in terms of a practical boot at all. Warm yes but so damned clumsy and poor grip.

Absolutely my thoughts. I’d love to own a pair to add to my collection of USAAF & USAF flight gear, but they wouldn’t be worn. The only market therefore I can see for these is reenactors and the and maybe movie business.

Quite why we need all this cloak and dagger business I’ve no idea, I can’t see there being a sudden mad rush of orders, so I see no reason to share the details of who is making these and what they look like. Oh well.

P.s. if anyone has some reasonable originals they want to sell drop me a message.

Dimitry M

nored399.jpg
http://www.303rdbg.com/nored399.jpg
these are orig but its what they are. The 303 bg has some amazing info

B-Man2

I always thought that those particular type of boots couldn’t have been very warm as flight boots , and honestly , once the Germans figured out that they were called “Escape Boots” probably put out notices of what to look out for as a tell tail sign of an escaped POW , making the shoes absolutely useless and a dead give away as to the wearer being an escapee from a POW camp . If it were me I would have tried to dump those for a local pair of shoes as soon as I could .