• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys Oklahoma

Superfluous

I recently picked up a Real McCoys Oklahoma. The deerskin is indescribably incredible. It is as rugged and hearty as my HH jackets, yet relaxed and pliable. The grain and texture of the deerskin is exquisite. I am awestruck by this leather. Likewise, RMC’s quality and craftsmanship is superlative. The stitching is stellar. The corduroy lined cuffs are a great detail. My only gripe is the 1930s Talon zipper . . . while it is historically meaningful, it is not the easiest to operate (I applied some candle wax and that appears to help).

RMCOklahoma30_zps9c609935.jpg

RMCOklahoma31_zpsd43f3c66.jpg

RMCOklahoma32_zps52cc8330.jpg

RMCOklahoma33_zps0be08424.jpg

RMCOklahoma34_zps093c38e4.jpg

RMCOklahoma35_zps5451f599.jpg

RMCOklahoma36_zps085f58d7.jpg

RMCOklahoma37_zps3a765996.jpg

RMCOklahoma38_zpsfee8cfbd.jpg

RMCOklahoma39_zpsd101824a.jpg

RMCOklahoma49_zpse87a4dea.jpg

Who

Lovely leather, great execution, brilliant job, great fit. It may be period accurate but that center back seam looks awful.

Silver Surfer

looks similar to the levis "james bond" jacket, sans center seam. that center seam kinda puts the kabash on it for me. otherwise, a nifty halfbelt. and, it looks real comfy.

Peter Graham

Beautiful jacket with great details. It will look amazing with some wear. The back seam doesn't put me off at all.

ButteMT61

That is really kick-ass! Love deer/elk/moose hides. Seems are whatever to me, but the strap buckle is the only thing that sorta caught my eye as not up to the rest of it.
But hell, it's probably correct and awesome. That's the biggest nit I can pick.
If you would not mind either posting or PM'ing details, I'd love to hear more (price, etc).

Congrats on that overpriced POS :lol:

Adding another one so you know it's a joke :lol:

Superfluous

ButteMT61 said:
That is really kick-ass! Love deer/elk/moose hides. Seems are whatever to me, but the strap buckle is the only thing that sorta caught my eye as not up to the rest of it.
But hell, it's probably correct and awesome. That's the biggest nit I can pick.
If you would not mind either posting or PM'ing details, I'd love to hear more (price, etc).

Congrats on that overpriced POS :lol:

Adding another one so you know it's a joke :lol:

Thanks. Subject to availability, the POS -- I mean jacket -- can be purchased from an AD in Japan, or from RMC directly, for approximately $2,000. If you go with a US or UK AD, the price is higher. Google "Real McCoy Oklahoma Deerskin" -- I purchased mine from Custom King: http://www.c-king.jp/mccoypages/mj14012.html -- they were a pleasure to deal with.