• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real Mccoys NZ B-3 size question

sg1011

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I've spent a lot of time looking through old threads. My question is regarding RMNZ's sizing for their B-3. I'll be ordering one soon and need help on what size to go with.

I'm a size 45 chest and can usually fit a size 46 suit with the sides taken in a few inches. I have a very athletic build and my shoulders and arms are somewhat bigger than normal. I want the jacket to fit just like it would have been worn in the 40's, but I know it's hard to do with my build. For reference, I tried on a size 44 Schott B-3 at a army navy surplus store and it was too tight around the shoulder area.

I have read that their sizing runs smaller than usual. For anyone with experience with RMNZ B-3's, what size would you recommend?

Thanks

bseal

48" or 50"

Please contact Paddy directly at RMNZ. However JC at Good Wear Leather has a business relationship with RM Japan and can get you anything you need from them as well. Good luck.

John Lever

RMNZ would probably suggest a custom fit for your size. The RM B-3 is expensive when compared to others out there. Anything custom may take the price off the scale.
I take a size 42/44 in Eastman but have owned size 46 RM in the past. They have only been slightly too big.
You may therefore be advised to go for a 50.

omarco

and just to complicate things further I'v found RMNZ sizing to be on the big side, I usually take a 42 and have found the 40 to fit perfectly.. the measurements were pretty big for a 40. that said I'v not tried they're B3

the best thing to do is talk to paddy about it.. she knows her stuff.

sg1011

bseal said:
48" or 50"

Please contact Paddy directly at RMNZ. However JC at Good Wear Leather has a business relationship with RM Japan and can get you anything you need from them as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the input and for the Good Wear heads up. Is RM Japan affiliated with RMNZ? I took a look at RMJ's website and their B-3 is almost double the price.

sg1011

John Lever said:
RMNZ would probably suggest a custom fit for your size. The RM B-3 is expensive when compared to others out there. Anything custom may take the price off the scale.
I take a size 42/44 in Eastman but have owned size 46 RM in the past. They have only been slightly too big.

How would you compare the quality of your RMNZ to the Eastman jackets? Eastman has some great looking jackets, but just looking at pictures, there's something about the RMNZ that makes it look very high quality and rugged compared to others...it might be different in person.

sg1011

omarco said:
and just to complicate things further I'v found RMNZ sizing to be on the big side, I usually take a 42 and have found the 40 to fit perfectly.. the measurements were pretty big for a 40. that said I'v not tried they're B3

the best thing to do is talk to paddy about it.. she knows her stuff.

Oh, that does complicate things. Was it a sheepskin jacket?

John Lever

sg1011 said:
John Lever said:

How would you compare the quality of your RMNZ to the Eastman jackets? Eastman has some great looking jackets, but just looking at pictures, there's something about the RMNZ that makes it look very high quality and rugged compared to others...it might be different in person.
I have had most sheepskin jackets on the market. Eastman are now as good as if not better than RMNZ. They are also considerable cheaper.

sg1011

John Lever said:
sg1011 said:
John Lever said:

I have had most sheepskin jackets on the market. Eastman are now as good as if not better than RMNZ. They are also considerable cheaper.

That's good to know as Eastman has way more variety than RMNZ as far as B-3's go. I see Eastman B-3's pop up on ebay often. I might be able to pick up a used one for less. Hopefully either RMNZ or Eastman have jackets in stock.

John Lever

Neither companies keep stock, all are made to order. RMNZ may have a much longer lead time that ELC. RM tend to get bulk orders from Japan, these usually get priority.

sg1011

Oh. I did not know that. I'll definitely have to make a decision quick then. Hopefully, I'll have it before this winter. So RMNZ supplies Japan's RM?

John Lever

No,
RMNZ mainly sell to Japan, the country. Because if import duties they have problems selling into Europe. I think ELC delivery is usually 3 to 4 weeks, depending on materials.