• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REAL MCCOY'S NZ B-2 CAP

Grant

A buddy recently gave me his old Real McCoy's New Zealand B-2 cap. It's a reminder of the amazing kit RMNZ made back in the day that most modern repro makers don't bother to attempt.

B4.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg
B1.jpg

warguy

That’s a nice looking one Grant, I really like the look,of the bill. Looks more firm and “substantial” than others being made.

Smithy

Nice mate.

Have had many over the years. Not worn any of them for a single day.

Beautiful reproduction but one of those items which were better worn at the time.

Wearing a B-2 cap whilst in service clothing on a wind swept and inclement British airfield in the early/mid 1940s...

...completely OK.

Wearing a B-2 cap whilst a modern day civvy poncing around in modern day clothes...

...you will look like Elmer Fudd.

Moral of the Story: Save the B-2 caps for reenacting days chaps ;-)

Micawber

Beautiful reproduction but one of those items which were better worn at the time.

Wearing a B-2 cap whilst in service clothing on a wind swept and inclement British airfield in the early/mid 1940s...

...completely OK.

Wearing a B-2 cap whilst a modern day civvy poncing around in modern day clothes...

My mum and dad bought me a check wool and fleece cap to wear in the dead of winter when I was a kid which I never wore much, the thing that clearly patterned after the wartime B2. I have a vague recollection that when I outgrew the thing it was replaced by something similar made with some very classy vinyl / pic / fake leather and fleece ...that I hardly wore too!

The only time I have worn a B2 has been during bitter weather when driving a jeep or something but have always preferred the M41 Jeep cap so I get what you are saying Tim.

ausreenactor

...completely OK.

Definitely!