• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys M422a

Does anyone have any experience of the Real McCoys M422a ?

They seem very expensive , are they significantly better than Eastmans offering ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnny english said:
They seem very expensive , are they significantly better than Eastmans offering ?

As I said on the other thread, I haven't seen the ELC up close, and also that RMNZ discount the goatskin Navy jackets in stock.

So 1250 NZD - 20% = 1000 NZD = 398 GBP.

Eastman = 419.48 GBP.

airfrogusmc

I've had the Eastman and a McCoys for a real short time. Its was just a bit to small. I had the Eastman G&F model and the back on the Eastman is cut like a modern G-1. Also the Eastman has the gap at the top of the sleeve at the bi swing and the knits were cashed within 6 months.

The RMNZ is a better repro in my opinion. Backs cut right smaller gap overall much closer to originals. Jake has a killer RMNZ 422a.

Thanks for the info Guys
Is there a difference between Real McCoys NZ and Japan ?
The Japanes site was listing the M422a at Yen189k which worked out at around £950

Hi David
Yeh I was thinking about bidding on that one on ebay.

Don't know where he gets his $1500 price from if it's a RMNZ.

How much do you think it's worth ?

airfrogusmc

tcwu said:
according to Paddy this reddish hide is discontinued from RMNZ line if you want this hide you need to pay for FEW's M422a which is over $1500...

I won't pay anything over $500 for this used jacket

If your a normal size get an original. You can find'm in good shape and they don't fetch the A-2 prices.

bseal

tcwu said:
according to Paddy this reddish hide is discontinued from RMNZ line if you want this hide you need to pay for FEW's M422a which is over $1500...

I won't pay anything over $500 for this used jacket

How come you try to sell your used jackets for well over $500 then? :p

John Lever

RM jackets hold value very well. If you want one you may have to pay top dollar, as most sellers have imported them and paid duty and taxes above the original asking price for the very strong NZ $.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnny english said:
How much do you think it's worth ?

I think tcwu is right, and where the bidding is now looks like fair value.

Current bid: GBP 250.00
(approximately US $497.70)
Reserve not met
The seller lowered the reserve price. Learn more.

Cool photo TCWU

Yeh I checked the meausurements and I'm a size 40 so I reckoned the RMNZ size 42 would fit me.
Not for his reduced price of £350 if I can get a new one for £380 though.