• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys A1 on ebay

johnwayne

Free wheelers can keep theirs for £3k John! Not looked lately but what's JC charging? Ok there's a wait I appreciate but isn't his regarded as one of the best and surely, no repro can realistically command such an outrageous price. 1. You'll never recoup that if you sell on later. 2. It's not original so no provenance etc. 3. The leather/skin is arguably no better than the high end repro makers use so why that cost, because they can? Are we really living in an age where some just pay a price so they can brag like many now do about their car? I just don't get it and I'm one whose always believed you get what you pay but not now!!

johnwayne

Yes I've always liked ELC's and did have ironically a an early 'cow' version that I offloaded not that long ago but my keeper is an SFA (now Norshor) - it's a lovely capeskin with, like GW and unlike ELC's, triple stitched raw seams - I gather both are true! I picked it up direct from Mark at SFA when he'd secured enough hide to make I believe just 3 jackets but let me have one for such a keen price, must have been poss 7-8 years ago. Incidentally I recall Mark (who was a frequent visitor here and how I got my A1) had the misfortune to have his wife taken ill but I've heard no more so pray things turned out positively?