• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RCAF Nomex?/Cloth Jacket.

a2 fng

Havent been on here for a while but heres a new jkt ive just bought just because it was a bit different!!!

DSCF0001-96.jpg

DSCF0002-94.jpg

DSCF0003-93.jpg

DSCF0004-90.jpg

DSCF0005-81.jpg

watchmanjimg

I've seen these offered used in Canadian Army/Navy stores as well as unissued in the US Cavalry Store catalog. The design strikes me as quite a bit more purpose-built than typical US jackets. Not sure how well it works for casual wear, but an interesting piece indeed. The cold-weather version looks formidable with its B-15-style fur collar.

a2 fng

watchmanjimg said:
I've seen these offered used in Canadian Army/Navy stores as well as unissued in the US Cavalry Store catalog. The design strikes me as quite a bit more purpose-built than typical US jackets. Not sure how well it works for casual wear, but an interesting piece indeed. The cold-weather version looks formidable with its B-15-style fur collar.

Many Thanks.

I probably wouldnt have bothered with it if it wasnt for the fact that its badged/patched.

Doctor Damage

Time to resurrect an old thread with some photos of the current waterproof, flameproof jackets.

Incidentally, the vintage ones with the big fur collar were all natural goodness: the fur was real mouton and the insulation was wool. They had a rain hood that zipped out from under the collar. They fit like matador jackets, i.e. super-short in the body. I've got one and it's extremely dashing in appearance, although not much use without the matching insulated overalls to wear underneath.