• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAW Brand Jacket

Archie

Back in 87 or 88 I bought a leather jacket at the local mall and the label inside reads, “RAW LEATHER WEAR”. Anyone ever heard of this brand?
I still have the jacket and have worn it maybe 3 times.

MikeyB-17

Probably one of many companies producing low to mid-priced jackets, back then as now. I’ve owned many, and still own some. Often perfectly decent jackets, although not in the same league as your ELC’s, Real McCoys etc.-but nowhere near the silly money charged by the aforementioned either. In answer to the question, I have half an idea I may have come across the name, but I don’t recall where.

Archie

Thanks for this info. I can post up a photo of the logo/tag a bit later. Maybe that will help with if any? Thanks!

Archie

Here it is. Ever seen this logo before?

Attachments

• 5779F40E-6A75-48F3-9BE3-FD7063E056AB.jpeg
    5779F40E-6A75-48F3-9BE3-FD7063E056AB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 238
  • F6BFA419-99E7-46A3-B53C-B18C9FA9FE43.jpeg
    F6BFA419-99E7-46A3-B53C-B18C9FA9FE43.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 246

Smithy

I third that. Dave and Steve are right, Burt you're one of the nicest blokes on here by a very long margin. Most of us are getting in arguments, pissing people off, probably getting put on members' "Ignore" lists but you're always above the mud-slinging and nonsense.

The Gentleman of VLJ, that's you Burt :)

B-Man2

I third that. Dave and Steve are right, Burt you're one of the nicest blokes on here by a very long margin. Most of us are getting in arguments, pissing people off, probably getting put on members' "Ignore" lists but you're always above the mud-slinging and nonsense.

The Gentleman of VLJ, that's you Burt :)
Ok ... getting a little embarrassed here, but thanks to the 3 of you guys.;) Appreciate the kind words.:)
( man you guys will do anything to score a “like”;))LOL!!

Smithy

Nah I’m totally cool with that. Just wanted to know if this company kept going or is it no longer a thing.

The main thing Archie is if you like it then good on you. For the most part around this forum we're into Golden Era leather jackets or repros of them so you probably won't get a huge response to your post just because it's not the focus of the guys around here.

But if you like that jacket, and you feel good when you put it on, that really is the only thing that actually matters about any leather jacket. It's all about if you feel good when you put it on.

MikeyB-17

I’d have bet money it would be a Brando style bike jacket. Can’t say the label looks familiar, but doesn’t mean I haven’t come across it at some point.
And I would like to add my vote for Burt as man of the year.

Archie

The main thing Archie is if you like it then good on you. For the most part around this forum we're into Golden Era leather jackets or repros of them so you probably won't get a huge response to your post just because it's not the focus of the guys around here.

But if you like that jacket, and you feel good when you put it on, that really is the only thing that actually matters about any leather jacket. It's all about if you feel good when you put it on.

Wore it last night for the first time since I purchased it. I was never into it for some reason but last night I wore it out. Got a few compliments. Cool jacket just was more curious if the company Raw went on to be a bigger deal or not.
Im. I’m not really the leather jacket type guy so I did it know what I had.

Thanks!