• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare repo Irvin

Pilot

Thx John,
we have originals AM‘s and Lightings.
Buchered from Sidcot suits and Irvin trousers.
... there is also the“ low cost Lightning „ version from WALDES Japan (which we dont handle).

Last edited:

Chris 55

I know 100 % Jon used Flash from Derek
Close up.
IMG_20201123_110652.jpg

John Lever

The arm shape didn't look correct and the sewing was rather wobbly. Jon did something I couldn't do in a century but I don't think you can compare the standards of construction to Aero or Eastman. I haven't seen one in the flesh this is my feeling from photos posted here.
We both got Fenland skins at the same time. There were ok but no where as good as the early ones Eastman used.
Just my opinion.
It is also my understanding that a major factor in my Jon stopped production was after Fenland closed he couldn't find or buy skins anywhere. Fenland would sell a box of skins for a couple of hundred pounds, I don't think other tanneries will do this and will only sell hundreds of feet at a time.

B-Man2

The arm shape didn't look correct and the sewing was rather wobbly. Jon did something I couldn't do in a century but I don't think you can compare the standards of construction to Aero or Eastman. I haven't seen one in the flesh this is my feeling from photos posted here.
We both got Fenland skins at the same time. There were ok but no where as good as the early ones Eastman used.
Just my opinion.
It is also my understanding that a major factor in my Jon stopped production was after Fenland closed he couldn't find or buy skins anywhere. Fenland would sell a box of skins for a couple of hundred pounds, I don't think other tanneries will do this and will only sell hundreds of feet at a time.
John
Thanks for that information :)

Chris 55

Just my opinion.
Stitching the tape seams I'd the difficult part which is why they probably used a post bed twin needle machine so they could do the shoulder.
The panel stitching was either a singer 46k or Allbook and Hashfield fur machine.
I've repaired my own jackets and got fed up of hand sewing so I bought one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_142151.jpg
    IMG_20200823_142151.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 131