• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RARE BIRD! Original Flite Wear jacket from Northrop

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

This Flite Wear jacket is basically an orange L-2b version worn by a test pilot from Northrop T-38 Talon.

Condition of this rare bird is pristine for being around 60 years old.

Outer shell is made of heavy nylon twill, and inner lining is made of wool fiber. (No interior pockets)

Both zippers working and looking perfectly.

The two-ply black knit rib cuffs, collar and waistband are wool, the same kind found on the Nasa type.

This version comes with oxygen mask tab sewn to left front chest as seen on earlier L-2’s.

Name tag on front left chest, printed “Captain Seather”, I haven’t found any info about the pilot.

Left shoulder bears a minty Northrop patch.

Right shoulder bears an amazing Talon Test Force patch.

It’s kinda cool to only imagine the adventures this jacket has lived and where it has been when serving!

Here are some pics to entertain your Friday... have a good one you all.

Jorge

E7B341C7-D696-4D5D-8768-706C2D18FA33.jpeg

77BF5DF9-9B76-4526-B25C-5CFD99F86811.jpeg

82171C34-9098-40D4-9D03-CFBBDF9F59B9.jpeg

217484A6-C11D-44DF-B1BA-A4FBDEC35BBB.jpeg

43CBF64F-17A2-471C-B7A5-2334577547EA.jpeg

8A46A37A-6619-449F-A110-0460C934529C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Wow! Super duper cool one there! I want one.
My brother was a engineer at Northup and designed some of the panels on the B-2 when they were developing the aircraft.
WOW!! Your brother must have seen cool stuff when he was on the B-2 project!!!! PROBABLY he cannot even tell you now!!! I only can imagine these guys (including your brother) visiting Area 51 and other Test facilities doing the coolest stuff!! :cool:
On the other hand this jacket is one of the few versions of the Flite Wear, but unfortunately I have not found any pic of pilots wearing this specific one yet.

Last edited:

Rutger

Ah, ok, there it is. Awesome. Totally flabbergasted.....
This is so close to that elusive red MA-1.
Take good care of it and don't make it your daily wearer.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Ah, ok, there it is. Awesome. Totally flabbergasted.....
This is so close to that elusive red MA-1.
Take good care of it and don't make it your daily wearer.
Appreciated @Rutger! Yes, it’s well kept with my other warbirds, I live 97% of the time between tropical areas (not complaining tho).... so I really don’t have much chance to wear them... :rolleyes: