• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RANGON SHIRT FROM EASTMAN

rob75IT

I have gotten 2 eastman rangon shirts from ebay.
After that, looking at the tag I read MADE IN CHINA!!!!!!!!
I'm really disappointed from this thing.
You look for the best shirt on the marker, pay for it a lot of money and than it is a chinese made shirt!!!!!! Maybe worth at the factory just a couple of £.
Roberto

better duck

Never noticed, I'll take a look at mine (bought some 4 years ago).
Indeed a pity, but such is commerce in the global village.

zoomer

Mine's several years old and I never saw that tag, but I think I would have. I've been over that shirt like an old rag merchant.

Beautifully made article, BTW - gorgeous goods and tailoring - but it's given me a lot of button trouble. About four let go at once last winter. Also had to reposition one of the epaulet buttons because it was making the epp buckle noticeably.

rob75IT

I have gotten the 2 shirt in 2 different times and I use them for everyday wear.
I didn't realize about the provenience until today, my sister shown me that tag.
I have to say that they are comfortable shirt but, even if the same size, the pink is bigger than the green that fit me better.

mazeta

rob75IT said:
You look for the best shirt on the marker, pay for it a lot of money and than it is a chinese made shirt!!!!!! Maybe worth at the factory just a couple of £.
Roberto
So you have no issues with the shirt quality, just the simple fact that it was made in China?
I remember long ago when 'Made in Japan' had similar negative connotations. Now we have no problems drooling over repros made there. You better get used to 'Made in China' because it's your future.

rob75IT

So you have no issues with the shirt quality, just the simple fact that it was made in China?
I remember long ago when 'Made in Japan' had similar negative connotations. Now we have no problems drooling over repros made there. You better get used to 'Made in China' because it's your future.[/quote]

Or another solution is to go with the shirt to a factory close to my town. They custom made shirts for 50-70€ depending on the materials and made in Italy. The workers there for sure have an EU cost!!!!!!!!!
Anybody has the future want to have. Your can chose your!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not a question of stereotypes Jap, China etc....
We all brought our money out of the countries having back product every days lower in quality and less work for our people. ...and now just the crack....
In that way countries like China are grown but just for some aspect and in are really little part. Living condition have not changed for most of them citizens.
They have all the primary materials and will be able to get them economy really up on them own. Them government decide to keep them people in a really poor communist condition instead helping them country. Maybe in that country even make work little children.
If this is what you mean for future........

hacker

mazeta said:
rob75IT said:
Roberto
I remember long ago when 'Made in Japan' had similar negative connotations. Now we have no problems drooling over repros made there. You better get used to 'Made in China' because it's your future.

I believe Roberto was pointing out yet another example of shipping jobs overseas for no other reason then cost of production. Obviously this is finally coming back to bite us..... Post war Japan was known for inferior quality products in the early years till they ramped up and became world class manufacturers. The Japanese culture demanded it. But most products made in China are basically crap! It is the direction they have taken. Quality is not of any real importance...maybe that will change someday, but it isn't the case now. So it is disappointing to see our acceptance of mediocrity and the long term ill effects that it will bring.....

Hacker