• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

ausreenactor

Sure. I can find dispshits claiming cows jumped over the moon on Google. That would stand up in a court of law, you know... for all the info.

Spin it all you want my friend. That was an extrajudicial murder by a senior "law enforcement officer" captured on film. An action completely contrary to the values we in the US or Australia claimed to espouse. Google that.
Boy....

Not familiar with the provisions of the Geneva convention and un-uniformed combatants?

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Sure. I can find dispshits claiming cows jumped over the moon on Google. That would stand up in a court of law, you know... for all the info.

Spin it all you want my friend. That was an extrajudicial murder by a senior "law enforcement officer" captured on film. An action completely contrary to the values we in the US or Australia claimed to espouse. Google that.

ausreenactor

A weird story. The impact of the photo on the subject's (well, not the dead guy!) and the photographer's lives is similar to the Iwo flag raising photo. One of the 2 photos that "ended the Vietnam war"...
The other being the fleeing, naked young lady? Living a quality life in Canada... and a very glamorous woman in her older years...

FlakMagnet

317565447_569045008564163_6525964428294999542_n.jpg
317546552_569047051897292_2908031079959542686_n.jpg

FlakMagnet

275299655_10159681547821271_5969331376281083723_n.jpg

caption: "Captain Barbara Harmer (left) became the first female pilot of the Concorde. Later that year, she flew her first Concorde flight as Captain from London Heathrow to New York.

Here she shares a moment with Flt. Lt. Jo Salter, the first RAF female fast jet pilot, flying the Panavia Tornado ground attack aircraft with 617 Squadron."

Smithy

One of the reasons I've been posting images of the Vietnam War in this thread that I started apart from the fact that I'm exceedingly interested in the conflict and I think some incredible photography was born out of that conflict, is the fact that a lot of the photos and especially pointing out a lot of the recent WWII ones posted in this thread - there's a glamorisation and disconnect about what war is about. I wanted to post some confronting photos and to see if anyone picked up on it. There's been lots of photos (and yes very nice ones) of planes flying around, guys giving thumbs up and smiling, etc, etc. But Dmitry was the only one who picked up on it and wisely posted (remember he's been to war and is a veteran):

and once again showing that any war is the worst shit in the world

Not trying to stop anyone posting pretty pictures of airplanes flying around and guys smiling and looking cool in their duds but I just wanted to remind us in this thread that war is hell like it says on that kid's helmet I posted a photo of.