• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

FlakMagnet

8e5b75a2d13009359a4cae1775cface3.jpg

“3rd Bomb Wing Douglas B-26 Invaders & Crew, Korea 1951 ”

FlakMagnet

27629089_2049820015058821_4452613616603559557_o.jpg

caption: "Pilots of the 26th Fighter Squadron, 51st Fighter Group, China. They are (From left standing) Major Edward M. Nollmeyer, Lt. Joseph K. Bavuso and Lt. Von C. Weller Jr.; (Seated) Lt. John W. Sherak, Lt. Douglas H. MacDonald, Lt. John N Machin, Captain William P. Rogers and Captain Leonard Hicks. There are 8 men there, but one is mostly hidden."

Found that pic at a neat page on Facebook called "Remembering the CBI - China Burma India in WWII". Lots of really cool pics of soldiers, sailors and airmen (and women) in the CBI theatre.

Flightengineer

Hm.. didn't know that they wore Soviet flight jackets :)

I was familiar with an instructor who had trained them in the USSR during the war. It must be said that he had a very low opinion of them as pilots, most of them went through the training program 2 times and even extra hours hardly made pilots out of them, and very low quality ones in his opinion.

DJS48

Flak Mag., Jack 31916, Kermit D and GG.
Thanks for the photos.
!. Many years ago I flew with a retired AF pilot who flew the B-26-night missions. He had nothing
good to say.
2. Many moons ago I attended a pilot initial course. My sim partner was a former Iraqi Air Force pilot. He offered me his flight jacket for my ELC house A-2. His jacket was too big and mine too small. Oh well..
3. I would presume the young lady was not taught by an "old timer" as to how to hand prop.
Regards,
Don