• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

Smithy

Yes I know, another photo thread but I couldn't find anywhere appropriate to post this and I thought it was just awesome, so this thread can be a place holder for all the other cool photos that don't fit in all the other photo threads.

Two Texas ANG 51s over USS Texas in 1948. Note how the one on the left hasn't had the new USAF red bar added to the wing star and bar.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do (as always click on the pic for larger)...

H6xNFTw.jpg

Smithy

Be a great addition to know the backstory of the photographer and what he was flying in at the time.

I agree Chandler, be great to know more as it's such a fantastic image. Unfortunately I can't add anything more - I got sent it by another aircraft nut from back home.

I just love it though, one of the best I've seen in awhile.

Micawber

This is a low res version of a scan of an original proof print that was affixed to the original negative envelope [note sticky tape marks in the corners] showing somewhere where I used to spend countless hours - the control tower at Bassingbourn - shown here in silhouette with Fortresses off in the distance.

0028 sunset at Control Tower with returning B-17's.jpg

Same place. A proper buzz job! Photo taken from the roof of the photo lab.

0129 TOWER BUZZ.jpg