• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

B-Man2

B-25 armed to the max with eight .50cals and a 75MM cannon.
8B8759AD-5448-48F7-ADD7-E13A32AE54F9.jpeg

B-Man2

Still from 12 o'Clock High..

View attachment 82189
Everytime I see footage from these old movies I wonder if the wardrobe department was using all original equipment back in those days. After all the war had only been over for a decade or two so, and Im guessing that original equipment and uniforms were easily accessible for pennies on a dollar. If that assumptions correct...where did it all end up?

Micawber

Everytime I see footage from these old movies I wonder if the wardrobe department was using all original equipment back in those days. After all the war had only been over for a decade or two so, and Im guessing that original equipment and uniforms were easily accessible for pennies on a dollar. If that assumptions correct...where did it all end up?

In the case of 12 OCH it was just four short years since the the end of WW2. Over the years and decades various film companies would auction / sell off quantities of stock items out of their costume departments, likewise various costume companies that served both film, tv and stage. In terms of original ex military or vintage gear much had been bodged / altered / adapted but there were gems to be had. Items designed and made specifically for this or that production would often be adapted, changed and modified for subsequent productions with only stuff produced for foreground or close up shots would be of any quality.

Silver Surfer

Does anyone have one of these?
What a good idea for a zipper pull if you could find an original.
View attachment 82187
got a couple of 1940s boeings, ford,, and I forget which others. I got them as zipper pullers for my originals, but except for the aluminum Boeing tags, they tend to be a little heavy and cumbersome. incidentally, my reason for getting them is one of my originals came with one attached. they are still available on greedbay, and usually around $13-$17.