• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

jerome35

Sketches are sometimes better than actual painting.

Leo:

s_Leo.jpg

us_384_bmb_sqn_zodiac_leo_1b12248cda9bcff1a7b725f2ea590c46.png

jerome35

I'm not sure if he did the painting, but I think so.
But these are his illustrations.

I think it's very well done, but maybe it's too realistic.
I like the naivety of the real drawings on original jackets.

I recognized his paintings of course but never seen him painting on leather. He made very nice leather patches with some of his most emblematic pin-ups, but I don't know if the whole serie was hand-painted.

Sometimes, I find it better to improve a little original designs of ww2 jackets, more wearable nowadays. the difficult task is to stay close from original but with some light improvments...not easy to do.

Micawber

Here's a rare opportunity to compare relative sizes of the B-17 and Short Stirling bombers.

This Stirling, a visitor to Bassingbourn, is parked up in front of the hangar line next to a 401st Sqdn 91st BGH "Mickey Ship" or radar equiped "Pathfinder" B-17. Note the radome in place of a ball turret and all black triangle on the tail. The triangle was the symbol for the 1st Combat Wing and would normally carry the letters A for 91st, W for 398th & L for 381st Bomb Groups.

Stirling Bass01.jpeg

B-Man2

Here's a rare opportunity to compare relative sizes of the B-17 and Short Stirling bombers.

This Stirling, a visitor to Bassingbourn, is parked up in front of the hangar line next to a 401st Sqdn 91st BGH "Mickey Ship" or radar equiped "Pathfinder" B-17. Note the radome in place of a ball turret and all black triangle on the tail. The triangle was the symbol for the 1st Combat Wing and would normally carry the letters A for 91st, W for 398th & L for 381st Bomb Groups.

View attachment 60450
Guys, I think we’ve found our club guide for get together in September 2022:)