• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

flyincowboy

Drop- able paper tanks.

papertank.jpg

MauldinFan

Good photo showing the hard work people did back in the day. Even as a kid, I never understood why older folks things everything was somehow 'better' back in the day. People love glossing over the problems with the past. As much as I love history and would love to visit the past, I sure as heck would not want to live back then!

Sleeve rideup, anyone? :)

View attachment 70367
I always find it interesting how short sleeve lengths were in the 40s. Just look at period photos and you'll see a lot of sleeves that end well above the wrist. I'm sure it was due to not having the stocks on hand for the right sizes but as someone with slightly longer than normal arms, it's something I notice easily as not every jacket my size fits my arm length. I always used the 'reach and salute' test they taught me in the Army when checking out a new shirt or jacket. If you can do both of those things and it looks/feels okay, you're probably good.
BTW, I love the lettering on the side of this B-17! This fort was with the 486th BG, and went down in France on 21 Jan, 1945. There's a memorial to her loss at Villafans Haute-Saône. Click here for more info on the memorial.