• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RALPH (LAUREN) LIFSHITZ

Grant

Anyone else see this pic of Ralph last weekend in the Wall Street Journal?

WSJ.png

Geeboo

I think this jacket is the same as the 1st photo, - judging from the color of the collar, the big whistle, although the left sleeves patch is missing. I think he has another non-patched A2 -2nd photo
Something I observe about Mr. Ralph Lauren are:
1) ALL his leather jackets are all very well beaten up
2) He kept only "a few" of his clothing , for many years - decades, not withstanding he can have as many as he like
3) That I am still learning, very hard, in all his photos, it always like he is wearing the jackets/ suits/ outfit, Not vice-versa. It is not form-fit, but it is not loose either. Sometimes for example the sleeves a bit little longer in the 2nd A2 and perhaps in some denim jacket shown in other photos that i kept, but it just look fine, very good. He just manged to get the drape, the fit, the textures, the matching all combined spot-on - no wonder - he is Ralph Lauren!

R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg

Last edited:

MeachamLake

One of the greatest marketeers in history. I don't think anyone before or since has 'got' selling a lifestyle and bottling 'authenticity' as much as Ralph. The guy is a genius.

He also is pretty clearly into his military jackets - over the years his brands have done some remarkably accurate A-2, G-1, N-3B and N-2B copies. For a 'fashion' brand, they're really very good indeed. They beat CockWings USA, that's for sure.

Silver Surfer

ole ralphy has a nearly floor through vault of 1930s,40s, 50s, gear. this includes mil, civy and womens gear. you name it, hes got it. pssst, wath for the doc about ralphy coming out at the end of the year, or early next year.

MikeyB-17

RL military copies turn up in my local TK Maxx from time to time, and I’ve always been impressed by them. There was a decent MA-1, and a field jacket which if they’d had in my size, I’d have bought. Wouldn’t pay the silly money for those efforts though, even if I had it.

taikonaut

Not sure which contract his A2 is but the collar looks kind of Dubow. Maybe its been re-dyed for late WW2 re-issue and the surface peeled off over time?