• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAF MILITARIA - New Website for Collectors and Enthusiasts

philip.ed

Hi All,

Firstly, I do hope I have posted this in the correct location. Please move the thread if I haven't.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up about my new website I have recently launched: RAF MILITARIA

Throughout the Covid Pandemic I found myself spending a lot of time documenting my RAF Flying Clothing collection, to the point that I started to think I would enjoy sharing my photos and research with fellow collectors. I began putting a website together and I now feel ready to get the word out.

The website will mainly focus on providing valuable resources for collectors and enthusiasts of RAF Flying Clothing & Equipment, but I will also list items for sale from time to time. I have an update planned for the site, most likely within the next week or two, which will contain some rare items. I have to apologise for the fact that the Battle of Britain, my main interest, has special attention.

I have included a page with links to various social-media outlets, so of course the VLJ gets a proud mention: https://www.rafmilitaria.com/social-media-links

Please bookmark the website and check in regularly as I am always expanding it. I welcome any input from you lot, and hopefully will one day have a useful section on RAF Flying Jackets / Irvins.

Ben

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 14.04.47.png

philip.ed

Thank you for the lovely feedback guys. I thought it would be a very low-key affair, but I've had a great response to the website.

Hopefully I can keep it lively with interesting content.

Smithy

Awesome and I absolutely love it, well done!

Btw if you're ever after anything Battle of Britain related in terms of information, photos, etc, just let me know. I have a very substantial collection of documentation, correspondence, photos, etc from it. One of my family flew Spits with 64 Sqn during it and as a result I have a lot of unpublished information and photos as well as correspondence with a number of the Few. I also have a quite ridiculous amount of books relating to it, so if you're after anything specific, information or photo wise just holler.

Tim

philip.ed

Awesome and I absolutely love it, well done!

Btw if you're ever after anything Battle of Britain related in terms of information, photos, etc, just let me know. I have a very substantial collection of documentation, correspondence, photos, etc from it. One of my family flew Spits with 64 Sqn during it and as a result I have a lot of unpublished information and photos as well as correspondence with a number of the Few. I also have a quite ridiculous amount of books relating to it, so if you're after anything specific, information or photo wise just holler.

Tim

Hi Tim, I always love items like that. One of my most prized items in my collection consists of an original 72 squadron patch owned by a BoB veteran.

I will send you a PM.

Smithy

Hi Tim, I always love items like that. One of my most prized items in my collection consists of an original 72 squadron patch owned by a BoB veteran.

I will send you a PM.

Please do. A lot of people know me around here for my 4th FG stuff but I actually have ten times more stuff relating to the Battle of Britain so happy to help.

philip.ed

One of my projects as we go into the summer will be a brand-new section dedicated entirely to the Battle of Britain.

I am working with a very well-known dealer friend, and some other collector friends, to put it together.

Hopefully it will be quite impressive when it is complete!

philip.ed

Hi all,

Just a note that my website will be having its debut update this evening at 20:00 hrs (8pm UK Time).

The update will be relatively modest in size, but there are some juicy items, particularly for Battle of Britain collectors.

Hopefully it goes down well!