• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAF crew bag / parachute bag

Officer Dibley

I have 5 or 6 of these excellent bags. Smaller than the AN6505, they make great bags for storing jackets in and i use one for my gym bag .

Much cheaper than an Eastman.

No internal pockets, there are several canvas flaps that (i presume) protect a parachute pack from the zipper.

This one has a small round illegible stamp and the owners name. Others i have have got the road arrow or even a sewn on label.

I think they are cool

IMG_9482.JPG
IMG_9480.JPG
IMG_9481.JPG
IMG_9483.JPG
IMG_9484.JPG
IMG_9485.JPG
IMG_9486.JPG

Last edited:

B-Man2

I think they look cool. I’ve been looking around here in the US however, can’t seem to find one. If anyone out there can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

B-Man2

Last edited:

Carl

OMG Carl!
You are like the rest of us after all.
You actually own something that doesn’t have the issued box with it.
From a purely unbiased point of view, that’s a real eyesore.
But don’t despair .... I know a guy here in the US who will take that thing off your hands and never tell a soul, saving you from any further embarrassment.;)
Your just too kind Burt ! :D

dmar836

Have never seen that particular RAF bag before. Looks like a jet helmet bag to me. We’ll see. Finding acceptable materials, especially the zip and the right weave webbing might make it unreasonable from the get go. But I t looks like a perfect weekend sized bag to me!
Anyone have one in the states?
Dave

Last edited:

B-Man2

Have never see. That particular RAF bag before. Looks like a jet helmet bag to me. We’ll see. Finding acceptable materials, especially the zip and the right weave webbing might make it unreasonable from the get go. But I t looks like a perfect weekend sized bag to me!
Anyone have one in the states?
Dave
The original bags here are a fairly good sized bag.
The smaller repro sold by Soldier Of Fortune is actually the best size for a weekender. There’s a picture of it in Smithy’s SOF Thread.

dmar836

I thought this bag was different and smaller than the “parachute/gear” AN6505 bag. I have a couple of those large bags. I figured this was a real RAF issued bag that is about the same size as a US helmet bag. Is this RAF bag a fantasy sized bag?
Dave

B-Man2

I thought this bag was different and smaller than the “parachute/gear” AN6505 bag. I have a couple of those large bags. I figured this was a real RAF issued bag that is about the same size as a US helmet bag. Is this RAF bag a fantasy sized bag?
Dave
I think the original RAF bag is close to the same size as the US kit bag.