• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAF BD & LUFTWAFFE SUMMER FLYING JACKET OPINIONS..

ausreenactor

Gents...

At the crux point with regard to patching/awarding some jackets. RAF BD has just been patched up with
repro RAF SGT Rank. Need opinion on arcs, blue RAF eagle patches, and whether Canadian pattern RAAF
Air Gunner wing would be okay?

P3160655.jpg

Luftwaffe jacket is getting IC 1st Class, and Pilots badge. Would embroidered be more suited?? OR not worn
at all. Got the awards cheap enough to double money on eBay. All opinions valued..

P3160654.jpg

Couchy

Andrew

Trev, if you really want it 100% post it here and see what they say- it would be worth it having gone to this trouble.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/180748/

Looking forward to seeing it all together.

BTW, those must be your own ribbons :!: ... they aint WWII types. ;) Very cool.

Andrew

They started off with midnight blue and continued to if supplies of replacements were available, but if they weren't it wasn't uncommon to just use RAF blue but with midnight blue "AUSTRALAIA" shoulder flashes.

I suppose in Couchy's case if he's protraying someone who trained in Canada under EATS and got their wings there, it would be possible to imagine that if he wore out/ dmagaed his original uniform that he might have removed the badging and transplanted it.

The reality is probably that the WPG BD is cheaper than the Pegasus :!:

ausreenactor

Andrew is partially right with the WPG being cheaper than Pegasus. Another is the fact I am still waiting on a response from Pegasus. I bought the chevrons after a google search. The Replicators in India do a RAAF item on a tailored basis for under US$200. Pegasus do the Midnight blue titles, but still waiting as mentioned.

I have some officer ones but did not want to go the Officer path. The AG wing is US$15.00 but can get a RAF AG wing for $4.00. Keen to maintain a RAAF connection. Original RAAF AG wing went for over AU$100 on the weekend??

Will keep hunting. Thanks for the posts..

Couchy

ausreenactor

Apologies to Pegasus...delay is with Air Diggers regarding the rank. I am sure Pegasus would be in touch promptly..

Couchy

ausreenactor

Andrew...

The ribbon bar is my last one, before the NATO was given the okay. On the second row now. Not much for a US soldier, but Commonwealth armies are more frugal with awards. Was more appropriate than whacking on a DFC I did not earn...

Couchy