• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quiz

Geeboo

From the zipper, it does not have the [ top stop & so does the color, its kind of antique brass coated paint over alloy, not natural aged brass & wrong zip pull - so in short - a cheap zipper. 1st observation - it cannot come from 1st or even 2nd tier repro makers.
The details I would say 70%+, missing the shoulder leather small patch for example. However, it got the basic structure correct for a B3 [bi-color leather- not v. clear tough, diamond sleeves patch, piping, single pocket, thick leather strap with medium gauge buckle, zipper bttm leather reinforcement patch] , which implies it comes from a factory capable of making good things &
Some small details are also good like thick gauge leather strap.
The metal hanging chain is a compromise of practicality vs. originality -> kind of a mass mkt maker to me.
So, my guess would be something from Avirex.

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

If I could pick it up cheap, I wouldn’t mind it-RL do some half reasonable military repros- but they do have a tendency to let them down with silly little details like that bloody awful zip (I HATE that ‘antique brass’ stuff) and the hanger. I certainly wouldn’t pay 5K for it. I’ll keep an eye out down TK’s. :D

John Lever

Correct pocket on this B2 !
Screenshot_20191224-150534.png