• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions on Bill Kelso Cossack / Aeronaut A1

tctlai

I am interested in buying one of the Cossacks from Bill Kelso, but I saw quite a few Cossack from their site, the Cossack and Aeronaut A1, also the 1930's Summers Sportwear Cossack Jacket under their Archive lines. Does anyone know what their difference is? From the picture I just notice the difference in facing stitching for Cossack and Aeronaut A1.

Moreover, does anyone get hold of the Cossack / Aeronaut A1 size 36 or 38? What is the sleeve length of these sizes? I normally wear a 36S RTW suit, but usually find the sleeve 1-2cm longer than appropriate. I have once the chance to try on a size 38 BK Wingman, and found the shoulder, chest, waist and length perfectly fit for me, but the sleeves got all the way to midway between my knuckles and wrist. The salesperson told me it was designed this way as it was a Biker jacker and intended to cover my hand dorsum.

I have emailed BK on the sizing matter, but so far have not heard from them.

Many thanks!

Terence

B-Man2

I am interested in buying one of the Cossacks from Bill Kelso, but I saw quite a few Cossack from their site, the Cossack and Aeronaut A1, also the 1930's Summers Sportwear Cossack Jacket under their Archive lines. Does anyone know what their difference is? From the picture I just notice the difference in facing stitching for Cossack and Aeronaut A1.

Moreover, does anyone get hold of the Cossack / Aeronaut A1 size 36 or 38? What is the sleeve length of these sizes? I normally wear a 36S RTW suit, but usually find the sleeve 1-2cm longer than appropriate. I have once the chance to try on a size 38 BK Wingman, and found the shoulder, chest, waist and length perfectly fit for me, but the sleeves got all the way to midway between my knuckles and wrist. The salesperson told me it was designed this way as it was a Biker jacker and intended to cover my hand dorsum.

I have emailed BK on the sizing matter, but so far have not heard from them.

Many thanks!

Terence
Hi T
Welcome to the forum . You may have a bit of wait to hear from BK, as others here have emailed them with questions and have been waiting without responses . Sorry I can’t help you with any more information than that . On another note we have a new member bio section if you care to say hi to everyone.
Cheers

mulceber

BK makes some spectacular jackets, so I don't think you'd be going wrong with any of their Cossack styles. I'd just pick the style you find most appealing and pair it with the leather you find most appealing. BK does custom sizing, so I don't think it would be too hard to tell Andy that you tried on a size 38 wingman, and it was perfect apart from the sleeves, and that you'd like a Cossack that fits like that, but with shorter sleeves.

Hearing back from them might be a bit of a wait, and getting the jacket a much longer wait, since lead times are through the roof now, due to COVID. That said, when you get the jacket, it'll all be worth it. If you're not willing to wait, I'd point you toward Aero leather, who have a very nice Cossack style jacket: https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1465

ikarashi shin-ichi

Guys just received reply from Andy, answered my questions =)
Hello T! ;) Just the other day, I emailed Andy the following content (text). I haven't answered yet.    ⇔ “Bill Kelso Mfg Andy.           When I visited the website today, "Cowhide Badalassi Russet" was revived as a leather selection option for Aeronaut A-1.   When I received the RW 23380 Liberty Horsehide Russet (Order # 10911) that I am currently ordering, I was planning to order "Aeronaut A-1 (Liberty Horsehide, Black * teacore)" next time...I'm going to change it to “Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet”.
By the way, the size of RW23380 of my "Order # 10911" was "40R" after consulting with Andy.
Is the size of "Aeronaut A-1 --Cowhide Badalassi Russet" okay with "40R"? …please tell me.(Since "Order # 10911" hasn't arrived yet, I don't know if that "40R" is right for me until I actually wear it ...) My nude size I told you before is 93 cm for the chest and 87 cm for the abdominal circumference (the shortest part). The shoulder width (the linear distance between the outer bones of the shoulder and the upper bones of the upper arm) is 37cm. Height is 172 cm, weight is 63 kg. and Shoulders_circumference measured value is 110 cm. However, if you inhale and inflate your chest, it will be 112 cm.  Now I am patiently waiting for my RW23380 to arrive. Thanking you in advance.   Ikarashi Shin-ichi(五十嵐 新一 )  Feb.11 2021(japan)”

tctlai

I asked Andy about a jacket in badalassi russet a while back. He said they were out of stock, and had no plans to restock it. They might have some of the seal.
Andy just told me that they have restocked some russet badalassi, not sure if available for all models but available at least for Aeronaut A1, you can have a look on their site! =)

Last edited: