• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question regarding sizing of BR WEP jacket

Griffon_301

good afternoon!

as I am about to order a BR WEP jacket from their fall collection, I am unsure about the size... having found nothing really useful on the web, I am turning my hopes to the knowledgablw gentlemen here...

I am usually a 46/44 in ELC leather jackets but I am also wearing a BR L-2a in size 42, so I can comfortably say I don't really know which size to order on the WEP .. as there is no measurements included, can someone here help me out?

what measurements can I expect from a BR WEP?

thanks a lot in advance
phil

Griffon_301

oh I have to apologize for answering only today; thought I said Thank You already but found out that I did not;
so, thanks a lot for deciding the size matter for me and also preventing me from ordering the BR repro :)
update on my "i want a WEP" story - I did not order with Fardin, as we agreed that spending maybe upwards of 550 Euro for a nylon jacket might not be such a bright idea, given that Bronson does a WEP (currently out of stock but I am hoping for a restock soon) for a quarter of that price and as Bryce has pointed out, WEPs should be catchable as originals as well;
might be a bit harder for me, as being based in Austria, ordering from the US or even the UK is out of the question due to all the import fees and shipping costs, and finding a reasonable one in Japan might take some time, but I am on the hunt....

if anyone has additional links to WEP jackets in 44R or 44L, that would be great! I would even take a patched one :)
thanks in advance anyhow, I am curious....

CombatWombat

As a WEP aficionado I can honestly say that originals are VERY short in the body but quite roomy.

Another thing is trying to get replacement knits..... because of the way the cuffs are made its quite difficult to source the replacement knits (unlike the A2 and G1 type of jacket the sleeve cuff is inset into the sleeve stitching where the inner wrist is rather than a straight cuff the whole way around)

Ritchy

As a WEP aficionado I can honestly say that originals are VERY short in the body but quite roomy.

Another thing is trying to get replacement knits..... because of the way the cuffs are made its quite difficult to source the replacement knits (unlike the A2 and G1 type of jacket the sleeve cuff is inset into the sleeve stitching where the inner wrist is rather than a straight cuff the whole way around)
Mash do it

CombatWombat

the funny part I saw on U2 some pilots on carrier still wear WEP recently...
I think they used to issue to USMC pilots
They were USMC issue (but Navy made though I don't think USN used them itself)
I got into them because of a TV show I grew up with
A rabbit hole that I've been unable to get myself out of......but worth it to me.