• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question Mark Crew A-1 Jackets

Mac

The valiant crew of the record breaking Army monoplane, Question Mark, with their feet on the ground for the first time in seven days on Jan. 11, 1929. Location unknown. Left to right: Sgt. Roy Hooe, Lt. Elwood Quesada, Lt. Harry Halverson, Capt. Ira Eaker, and Major Carl Spatz. (AP Photo/CEK)

QuestionMark Crew.jpg

B-Man2

The valiant crew of the record breaking Army monoplane, Question Mark, with their feet on the ground for the first time in seven days on Jan. 11, 1929. Location unknown. Left to right: Sgt. Roy Hooe, Lt. Elwood Quesada, Lt. Harry Halverson, Capt. Ira Eaker, and Major Carl Spatz. (AP Photo/CEK)

View attachment 13605
I’m certainly no fashion consultant but those pants with the knee socks look pretty odd. The only guy who looks good has the flight suit on. The jackets however are pretty cool.

Kennyz

They look formidable...tough gents for sure. Thanks Mac.

Ken

View attachment 13605

sgbailey2002

An interesting side note here, I own an SE5 WWI propeller that was on a plane flown by Carl Spaatz. I have loaned it to an air museum in CA that also has a propeller shop.

Attachments

• Carl Spaatz plaque inscription.jpg
    Carl Spaatz plaque inscription.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Carl Spaatz portrait.jpg
    Carl Spaatz portrait.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Carl Spaatz prop and broken piece.jpg
    Carl Spaatz prop and broken piece.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Carl Spaatz prop display.jpg
    Carl Spaatz prop display.jpg