• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Diamond Dave????

Clark J

Dave I'am sure your busy filling orders but have you given any thought to offering restoration services and or selling parts?Can you even restore a cap?Would there be a market for this??Just wondering,CJ.

DiamondDave

Clark,

Yes, I got your email but have been very busy of late.

As to repairing caps... certain ones, I could do. But most often I am asked to replace 1 part or another that really has to match the original, and just as John C. will tell you, that is not easy. If the strap does not match the original brim or vice versa... it looks really bad. I could however easily sew in sweatbands and the like, but anytime one does anything to an original, they run the risk of ruining it somehow. I believe that the liability of it would just be too great. I have had requests to replace toppers, but the level of "takedown" on that would be prohibitive for people monetarily, and again just very difficult.

Hope this answers your question and again sorry for the delayed response,

DD

fishmeok

That's something that can be tackled by hand if you have LOTS of patience- otherwise you need a long-arm (free arm) industrial machine like the one Dave has. I could help you with that sweatband on your trashed crusher if you need it, it's easy to sew in a new one, just won't look completely authentic- but who cares on a wearer.

Cheers
Mark

dujardin

repair repair ....
that could maybe interest me but not for an USAAF or US crusher but for my old (and personnal) Belgian Navy crusher.
my visor need or to be replaced or changed.
do you think it's possible Dave ???????????

many thanks

marcel