• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about shoulder fit

jkim160

I am trying to determine if the shoulder fit of this jacket is good to go. It seems like it is maybe an inch or so too short. I was told that leather jackets expand with wear, but what do you guys think? Does the shoulder fit look good so far or is it a bit short but expandable with wear?

Attachments

• image15972.jpg
    image15972.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 338
  • image15985.jpg
    image15985.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 353

jkim160

My name is John and I am a newcomer to this forum based out of Los Angeles area. I bought my first leather jacket recently and am learning that there is a whole lifestyle element to rocking these types of fashion pieces as both a practical item and statement piece. This community looks like a cool rabbit hole to jump into because of how leather jackets really rock in their own unique way :).

I read sealbeachbum's thread where it's suggested to wet the leather from the outside and then pull it apart with your two hands (while avoiding seems to avoid damaging them) to have the leather expand how you want it. It seems to have worked a bit on my jacket. Here are pictures of it after the stretching. Think this is a decent fit on shoulders now or still a bit short?

Appreciate the welcome and help!

Attachments

• image15987.jpg
    image15987.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 335
  • image15988.jpg
    image15988.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 341
  • image15989.jpg
    image15989.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 347

johnwayne

Personally and just from what I see it does look a tad on the tight side across the shoulders - might make for a more comfortable fit if the shoulder/sleeve seams sat a little lower but the fact you're asking suggests you’re not happy with the fit? Ultimately thats what it comes down to in a daily wearer in my honest opinion. My mother was a trained shoe fitter and always said, irrespective of what you paid, they should feel comfortable when first put them on! Leather of course does give more on a jacket but I’m not sure you should feel the need to try to stretch it - many here have shrunk jackets by ‘hot water’ treatment albeit not me!! Maybe just give it time to ‘wear in’ and mould to your body shape if comfortable - looks soft enough leather to do that!!

Members online

Latest posts