• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Aero's HH and Care...

Tommer45

I know Aero recommends not conditioning their HH (at least that's what the letter I got with my LHB suggested), but the jacket's been soaked quite a bit, sees daily wear, the cuffs have been covered in snow-salt, etc. I usually apply Montana Pitch Blend or Langlitz' dressing once every year or two, so I'm just curious as to see if you guys dress your Aeros or not. I guess the worst that could happen would be that I'd ruin the jacket... and have an excuse to buy another one!! If it's really not necessary I don't mind holding off for a few years..just curious.

Thanks,
Tommer

Vcruiser

Tommer
I don't use anything...unless I notice the HH getting somewhat dry in certain areas. I did use some conditioner on my Hwymn collar fold after I'd worn it for a few years. I've now had it probably 9-10 yrs and the hvy horse still maintains most of the waxy feel as when new.
I don't think that you would ruin the jacket...unless you used too much. The ones I've seen that were a mess had way too much applied with a build-up of hazy sticky goo that seemed almost impossible to remove without hurting the finish.
Van