• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting patches on Kit bags

OperationCoffee

In researching how patches (painted or otherwise) could be applied to aviator kit bags I've come upon exactly one picture, which displays a different placement than that found on Eastman's customized painted kit bags.
111111.png
2222.jpeg
I Liked it enough I put a patch on my bag in the same way. FWIW I haven't found a 6505-1 kit bag that looks like or has the dimensions of Eastman's bag.Their bag is both slimmer/smaller and the straps do not follow under the bag itself. Sorry, but for me it looks more like a fashion accessory.
666666.png

Last edited:

mulceber

FWIW I haven't found a 6505-1 kit bag that looks like or has the dimensions of Eastman's bag.Their bag is both slimmer/smaller and the straps do not follow under the bag itself. Sorry, but for me it looks more like a fashion accessory.

Good eye - that's because kit bags like that didn't exist. The 6505-1 was meant to hold a parachute, so it was a lot bigger than most of the ones you'll find out there. That said, the smaller type that Eastman (and others) make is a very nice bag. I've got one myself that I use as an overnight bag. But you're right to notice that it isn't accurate. These people make an accurate one, if you're interested:

warguy

You are right, the Rigger Depot does look like the only original style bag out there. I have emailed him three times over the past year to try to buy one with no response. I hope you have more luck. I used acrylic paints on my bag by the way, with a shot of clear matt acrylic lacquer to seal. Holding up good so far. That’s t-shirt is fantastic Smithy.

mulceber

You are right, the Rigger Depot does look like the only original style bag out there. I have emailed him three times over the past year to try to buy one with no response. I hope you have more luck. I used acrylic paints on my bag by the way, with a shot of clear matt acrylic lacquer to seal. Holding up good so far. That’s t-shirt is fantastic Smithy.

That's a shame. I know SoF offers a larger version, although that one still has the problem of being made of canvas instead of cotton duck.

kirova

that's strange, when I got my bag from them back in 2020 they were very quick to respond, usually 24-48 hours.

this was the email address I used - [email protected]

warguy

I’ll try again, that was the same email I used. First two times the site indicated they were doing to movie and have patience. I sent three emails over about an eight month period.
that's strange, when I got my bag from them back in 2020 they were very quick to respond, usually 24-48 hours.

this was the email address I used - [email protected]