• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled the trigger on this A-2 from ebay, think it's a Dubow....

Dany McDonald

HI,

Yesterday I acquired what could be a Dubow 27798 (?) on ebay. I paid $420. It has seen better days, yet I find it very appealing and I will try to have fun and restore it. For now, a zipper change is needed, knits be fixed and a new tag would be super great. Think it's a 40, so a wearer for me.

Here are some images, is Dubow the manufacturer? Tell me what you think.

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (5).jpgs-l1600.jpg

Thanks,

Dany

stanier

I agree too with the shape of the remains of the label stitching in the lining for a 27798 contract jacket. I admire your pluck though Dany taking that on a restoration journey. Apart from the leather shell, it looks like it needs everything else! Bet it will look excellent at the end though!

B-Man2

The collar and the stitching around the label place definitely suggest that this is a Dubow. But... I’ve looked through the ELC Manuel and I can’t find any Dubow contract using that zip. The zip looks to be a Talon -m39 No 5 auto lock . Which was on 2 Rough Wear Contracts. I’m no expert but if you could show us the pocket flaps and collar and pocket snaps that would help pin it down. Pocket corners and epaulets photos would also help.

Last edited:

mulceber

Nice find! It's gonna need a lot of love, but at $420, you got a good deal. Why the need for a new zipper though? Looks fine from what I can see of it.

Dany McDonald

Mulceber, yes the zipper is okay, it's just not original and the black tape is too black....

Wish I could obtain a repro crown, but I not holding my breath. I am looking at a Talon on mash site. I am not sure of all the options on zippers I'll keep looking around

D

Skyhawk

You could always pop off the top stop and change out the slider. Not a perfect fix but you would not have change the whole zipper that way.