• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Price increase at Eastman Leather

CBI

I knew they would go up to around $1,500 US!!!!!! Hey, that is what JC charges and ELC can add that they are practically ready to ship vs. a long wait. One issue with these jackets and buying off the rack with ELC is the fit. Chances are (at least for me), I would need to try 2 different size jackets and choose, then return one so there is added $50 postage or if the two sizes are separate orders, its $100 in extra shipping.

Good luck to ELC and congrats on their success!!!!!! I AM glad they are so busy.

Greg Gale

Agreed, I'm happy to see they're so successful, well deserved. Their A-2s are my favorite and their customer service is fantastic. Problem is that they've become as affordable as a Rolls Royce for me, but that's my problem :D

Last edited:

Brettafett

I recon they are holding out till after the Airshows.
Apparently, they'll be keeping the pre-increase prices for all stock at Duxford and War & Peace, and for all orders at either shows, the pre-increase price will also be honoured.

MeachamLake

Crikey, there wasn't much warning about this. Quite significant jumps on a lot of the products!

I've got a B6 I ordered a few weeks back arriving (hopefully) on Weds. Rob ordered me a regular fit jacket so that I can determine how much longer I need it to be as I'm tall. Here's hoping the longer jacket will still come in at the old price...I'll give them a call tomorrow to double check.

MeachamLake

You'll be fine.

I'm quite jealous of all you guys with awesome looking and fitting ELC jackets.
The jackets are superb. The house A2 I got a few weeks back is sensational, and Rob was just fantastic to deal with. I needed an extra long jacket but was torn between a 44 and 46, and he sent/picked up multiple different jackets to ensure I got the right fit. The customer service certainly reflects the prices, which is something you can't often say anymore about many companies.

I would have to think a bit longer and harder now though about ordering another Eastman product though - I'm not saying I never would order again, far from it, but once the numbers venture into four figures for the majority of products it becomes a proposition that requires a little more thought. Compared to the vast majority of 'designer' leather outerwear, Eastman still looks comparatively affordable though...an dare I say it is still good value when compared to the insane prices charged by Real McCoy's Japan! :D

This price rise does, however, make the need for a serious middle market alternative seem more and more necessary....

Brettafett

....And the timing couldn't be better for our 'Danish' friends launching their veg-tanned goat Perry A-2 soon, (and some other 'winter' flight jackets later this year).
Wonder if/ when they will have a price increase also.

MeachamLake

....And the timing couldn't be better for our 'Danish' friends launching their veg-tanned goat Perry A-2 soon, (and some other 'winter' flight jackets later this year).
They have sheepskins coming? Interesting if so...

Main problem for me though is their lack of long sizing, it's a real killer.

Brettafett

Dunno whats coming... 'Winter'could be sheepskin, could be B-10/ B-15, M422a... But, I hear you. The sleeves on my A-2 were ok, lucky.... but I also struggle with length and usually have to go 'custom'. Guess time will tell.

Flightengineer

Well, one day Morten has already moved from the prices in dollars to euros with the same figures. Everything can happen.

Officer Dibley

Interesting thread and even more interesting to see how folks tones have changed since i was last here.......
I think a correction is in order to the person who said the first duty of a company was to increase production to drive costs down. WRONG ! First duty is to ensure survival. Then generate enough profit to pay owners or shareholders. That's it.
Look at Burberry recently burning £26m of stock. Look at makers like Nigel Cabourn. Small production runs, good profit margin and exclusivity. The rich are recession proof. Porsches etc always sell.
I am sure Gary has made his decisions for reasons that suit him and his business model. He's not here to ensure everyone who wants an A2 can have one at a price they can afford. That's a service Noble House provide.
And people are queuing to get a GW at £1500. TWO years. No-one is so upset with LW or BW or Alden shoes. They were originally twice an Eastman.
Buy the best you can afford.
Own one real daily wearer/keeper and enjoy it.
Complaining you can't afford 10 jackets really is a First World problem.
It's Gary's business to run how he wants whether we like it or not. And for the record, i don't like it any more than i liked him stopping using russet goatskin !
My tuppence worth.