Price increase at Eastman Leather

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by Lorenzol, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My 0,1ct input...I wear them ...to special occasions, with the same spirits... as when a P-51 or a B-17 is on display or flying on air shows or other commemorative events...not more not less.
    Hope it helps...

2. stanier

stanier Well-Known Member

I agree and I think within a reasonable band of flexibility we’re all saying a similar thing.

Whether it’s £1k, or the best part of, or maybe more on a repro or maybe that elusive minty original or restored origipro, I am very unlikely to be be treating it “badly” though we may all have our own interpretation of what badly is!

I couldn’t look my family in the eye if I spent that sort of money then chucked it in a corner in the pub etc! And the fact is if it’s survived 80 years till I had it and might have been worn by a hero at some point makes it worse, IMHO!

However, what an individual spends their money on and what they do with their purchase is entirely their business.

bn1966, Earloffunk and MikeyB-17 like this.
  3. Micawber

Micawber Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't advocate making bullet holes in an original that's for sure......

4. stanier

stanier Well-Known Member

o_O:confused:

5. Micawber

Micawber Well-Known Member

Just my obscure sense of humour after someone mentioned adding bullet holes in a jacket a couple of weeks or so ago ;)

stanier likes this.