• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Press studs on A-2 jacket

jack31916

Hi all,

I'd like to have your opinion for I'm in doubt. I'm about to get my old Sefton A-2 a new liner + new knits and a NOS Talon zipper.

Sefton used the smaller or baby press studs but these are typical late '80s or early '90s material and I want to upgrade a bit if possible.

I've found a stash of original ball studs but they are chromed or just plain metal and still underway. It seems like most jacketmakers used the ball studs.

I've had an original Pougkeepsie and they used the larger press studs and I do have some original larger United Carr studs.

Since I don't have the Eastman A-2 bible I can't look up if the larger studs were frequently used on the different contracts. Can I have your opinions please?

B-Man2

You may have to replace the studs with ones similar to what was in place, as the leather around the original stud may be stretched and worn or have some flex and bow to it from pulling the snap open and closed over the years.

Edward

CE7A2117-AC87-404C-B457-CB3D5278921F.jpeg

Edward

all th aero contracts I believe...

Aero contract 16160 is one ... let me look through the book and pick them out... BRB

Edward

Thanks Edward. I must get a copy of that book. Very good info.

So only 6 contracts. Do they mention these contracts.?
Poughkeepsie 42-18248P
Aero contract 16160
Aero contract 21996
Aero contract 42-15142P
Aero contract 42-18775P

Bronco Mfg., Co. W33-038ac 1761 Large ring-stud unknown maker but most likely United - Carr

jack31916

Poughkeepsie 42-18248P
Aero contract 16160
Aero contract 21996
Aero contract 42-15142P
Aero contract 42-18775P

Bronco Mfg., Co. W33-038ac 1761 Large ring-stud unknown maker but most likely United - Carr

Thanks a lot Edward! Appreciated :)