• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Premium Repro Return Policies/Experiences

CBI

Seems like a crop of new folks are asking about jackets both here and at Fedora. These are the places to talk pros and cons. It seems to me that one of the big issues with buying these pricey repros is what type of return policies the manufacterers REALLY have?

What have been your experiences returning or exchanging jackets from ELC/HPA, Aero, Goodwear and McCoys? I would imagine the option of returning a jacket if you don't like it or would need another size might be a plus/minus for some people. I know with some of the repro companies, if the jacket does not fit, you are basically stuck with it (if its a custom job). Seems like a lot of money to risk it.

MikeyB-17

I've sent stuff back to ELC and Aero. ELC was only a hat but Gary was very good about it. I did once have a sale page D-1 from Aero which I was never that happy with, eventually a couple of months later I decided I didn't want it, they took it back without complaint, although it later appeared on the 'used Aero' page with what I felt was a little dig at why I'd returned it. Otherwise I've returned other stuff and they've been fine.

TankBuster

ELC and Aero will NOT take back custom orders. For ELC that
includes Longs and Shorts...42L..40S...ect... I cant say that I
blame them though. Who would want to take back a jacket that
was custom made to fit one person. If it's not a custom jacket
ELC jackets (thru HPA) have a set amount of time you can
return it in. (roughly ten days) Aero is about the same. I've sent
back standard jackets to both companies, and never had a problem.

better duck

Some ten years ago I have sent a B3 back to Eastman. It was a new one, and the sheepskin had a very 'papery' look and feel to it. I think it was OK qualitywise, I just didn't like it. I returned it no problem and received a new one within another 10 days. I've been wearing that one since then for 10 years now, and just had the original (repro) Talon zip replaced by a ELC Crown.

greyhound52

HPA has been great. Sent stuff back with no issues. Don't know about Aero because I never returned anything I got from them. Same for RMNZ never had to return anything.

bseal

Returned sale page and custom work to Aero -- smooth transactions. Tried on some of J.C.'s jackets that he had laying around as either prototypes or custom pieces, and sent back without a hitch. In fact it only emboldened him to nail down the proper fit for a jacket for my shape.

CBI

All good news so far. My return experiences were a little more tense in that HPA did not really want to let me return a jacket for a refund (standard size 27752). I ordered again from them recently, and they were very up front about it being OK to return.