• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre/early war Irvin

Peter Graham

To kick off the new vintage section here are a few pics of an early war Irvin I bought on ebay a few weeks ago. It's a really solid unmessed with jacket. Not near mint but in really nice condition with minimal fleece loss, original hanging chain and all original zippers. I particularly like the contrasting belt and collar strap. The underside of the collar is also a russett colour.
jacket001-1.jpg

jacket002-1.jpg

jacket003-1.jpg

There was a small tear that I sewed up. Not pretty, but effective.
jacket004.jpg

The fit is pretty snug, but that's with a heavy sweater and a long sleeved shirt underneath. I would normally wear an Irvin with a sweatshirt or just a shirt.
jacket005.jpg

Roughwear

Very nice Peter. It looks far better in your pics than it did on Ebay. I particularly like the contrasting russet facings and darker sheepskin. As you know this one dates to the 1938-9 period and is the work of Irvin Air Chute. I am glad you got a good price for you late war Irvin. :)

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
Roughwear said:
I am glad you got a good price for you late war Irvin. :)
I would love to have had them both but times are hard and it's the early one I've always wanted.

If you had kept the late War one it may well have dropped in price with the turn-down in the global economy.